Monday, November 8, 2010
sugar cleanse week 1
My friend Ashley and I decided to do a sugar cleanse from November 1st to Thanksgiving. Why in the world are you doing that you ask?? I don't really have a good answer for that except it suppose to be good for you. I've had problems sleeping for last few years and this is suppose to help with that. There are lots of benefits to not eating sugar, which I won't list because I don't really know what they are but I trust in the fact that sugar is horrible for you. And not only are we not eating sugar, we took it one step further and we are not eating white flour either, it's basically the same thing as sugar so we cut that our too. The first few days were tricky only because I had a hard time remembering not to eat it. But now, I've been doing it for a week and I don't even want sugar. I think if I ate it now it would make me sick. I am really aware of what I'm eating and I don't eat very much. Which proved to be problem yesterday when I almost passed out from lack of calories. My problem isn't the sugar, it's remembering to eat. I literally have no appetite and so I forget to eat all day. The only thing that reminds me to eat are the literal hunger pains I get in my tummy. So I need to focus on eating more and more often. Ashley and I went to Costco today and she showed me lots of tricks and things I can eat and snack on so I don't pass out. We got lots of whole grains and fruit. Oh ya, you can still eat fruit and natural fruit juices, so that helps. I have 2 weeks left of this and I'm excited to see how I feel at the end of it! I've lost 8 lbs, which is to much, hence the encouragement from Ashley to eat more good carbs. I'll let you know If I survive til Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment