So moving day came and an angel of a friend took my younger kids so I wouldn't have to worry about them, miracle #1. So we started loading our truck....and loading, and loading, and loading. We soon realized that we would not have enough room for all of our
Anyway, I could feel the spirit with me, comforting me and letting me know everything would be okay. I never felt alone, ever, I felt His spirit with me through this whole experience. From deciding to make the move, to finding employment, a house, I was always in the presence of someone guiding me to the right ideas. I felt peace and love, despite making an incredible life changing decision. Miracle #6.
So as we were driving, about 3 hours into the trip, we stopped unexpectedly at a gas station because one of the truck lights wasn't working. As I was getting gas, the gas attendant found me and said "did you know your front tires are about to blow?" I said no and went to look at them, they were indeed shredded and on the brink of exploding! I had no idea! We could have died! And they just so happen to have a garage there to put new tires on, we were literally in the middle of nowhere. What are the chances of this happening?? We were being watched out for. There is no doubt in my mind about that. Miracle #7.
So the drive is normally suppose to take about 9 hours.....it took us 16. 16 hours of whining kids, bathroom breaks, fast food, trash, and cars stuffed to capacity. The last two hours, I had Liv, Rylie and Jett...we were all crying out of exhaustion and pure need to be out of this stupid car. We pulled into our new house at about midnight and walked in, unloaded bedding and crashed on the floor. But we made it. And we were alive. Miracle #8.
The next day, my mom showed up, along with a whole team of un loaders and we got the job done. And I have been unloading boxes for a week straight. It's finally done and I can say we are moved in. I got the kids into an amazing charter school here and they start next week. We're just trying to get our new routine down and get used to this new climate and new way of living. I know we are not alone here and we will be guided to everything and everyone we need in our lives. I have no doubt this whole situation was in the lords hands and he will continue to bless us for doing what He wants us to do. Miracle #9
But I already miss my friends there in Utah! I talk to them all the time. I keep reminding my self, that we're not dead, just far apart. They have helped me through this and been right by my side to support my decision. I'm lucky they have been a part of my life! And will continue to be a text, phone call, instagram picture away. Miracle #10
Every day I take a deep breath and convince myself I can do this, start a completely new life for my family. I pray that people can see me for who I am. It usually takes me a really long time to open up to people and form solid friendships. I pray that I can see people for who they are as well. I pray for opportunities to serve and for my kids to find good friends who will influence them in positive ways. I hope our family becomes stronger because of this and and we can continue to recognize the Lords hand in everything we do. One quote that has gotten me through this experience is this-
"God is making things happen for you. Even when you don't see it. Even when you can't feel it, even if it's not evident...God is working on your prayers."



No comments:
Post a Comment