Thursday, July 29, 2010

What would you do?

I would first like to say that I do not have any sort of problem with gay people. I think are great people and although have a different outlook on life than I do, I do not discriminate or judge them. So don't leave me comments about hating on gay people, because I'm not. Having said that......There are several guys that live in our complex that are gay. They are open about it and certainly not ashamed of it. Yesterday at the pool we were there and they had brought their Ipod with some very loud techno music and laying in the shallow part of the pool where all the kids would normally be playing. They had a girl with them and the three of them were talking very loudly and sharing stories. In their conversations they were swearing and using the F word constantly. There were about 15 young children playing around them and could hear every word they were saying. The girl that was with them starting telling VERY graphic sexual experiences. With men and women, using very inappropriate words for parts of the human anatomy. She didn't hold anything back and we could all hear her. They then decided to start kissing each other, first the guys kissing each other, then the guys kissing this girl. It was very graphic. I hesitated saying anything just because I knew if I did they would put up a fight saying we were "discriminating" against them for being gay. But truthfully, I don't think it's appropriate for straight couples to be talking like that and making out in front of children either! And this girl was huge! She could have killed me in one punch! So instead of getting confrontational we called the HOA and they called the cops. :) I didn't want to get directly involved. Why is it that they feel like they are allowed to do anything they want and if anyone says anything about it then WE are immediately being judgmental and discriminatory?(is that a word?) I don't want my kids around that language and behavior, ever, no matter if you're gay or straight. Their attitudes were so haughty with their loud music and taking up the whole kids area so they could lay out in their tiny speedos (which leave nothing to the imagination by the way and my kids don't need to see that either.) I just didn't like being in the position where I felt protective of my kids but also felt like I wasn't allowed to have a say in the situation. Maybe if my husband was with me I would have been braver, but I was by myself. Even though I know every other mom felt the same way I did and would have backed me up, I hate confrontations. The police were able to talk to them and notify them of their inappropriate behavior. Hopefully they don't do it again.

2 comments:

Shakirra said...

That really stinks! You would think that grown adults would at least have the decency to clean up their language, no matter their sexual orientation. Children are children. I'm sorry you had to sit there and feel frustrated. Hopefully there isn't a next time, but if there is I would politely walk over and ask if when they were 2 they knew what the F word was. Hopefully they'd say no and you could tell them your children are very young and you don't want them asking you that question when you get home.
Again, I sympathize, and yes discriminatory is a word! You're cute! Have a great day!

:: ashley :: said...

seriously i hate that! we used to have season tickets and the people behind us were horrible, whenever we brought our baby I would roll my eyes at them hoping they'd catch on.. but ya never happened. people are so stupid sometimes.