I am the first to admit that FHE is super challanging and I'm not very good at it. And by that I mean it's close to impossible. Getting three small children to sit still to listen for even 5 minutes is a frustrating task. Sometimes I get so frustrated and hopeless, that it totally defeats the purpose of FHE and I end it more mad than anything. How is this productive? I don't really know. But I do know that our family goal for this year was to focus on FHE. Soooo, I was saved once again by the internet, in particular, Pintrest. I found a blog that does it all for you. And whats easier than that? So I thought I'd share. Its called http://confessionsofaslackermom.com/ and she has done lessons for the whole year. Complete with online activities, movies, and printouts. Ha, it's pretty much effortless. So I don't credit any of this to my own creativity. She had the idea of doing a monthly family goal, monthly Article of Faith and monthly scripture. She gave lots of different ideas on how to display these. I chose the easiest, framed scrapbook paper and a dry erase marker.
I displayed it where the kids can see it everyday, and since Rylie is reading now and Davis learning to read, they recite them all the time. So I downloaded the entire year of lesson plans and put them in a binder. That way when Monday night rolls around all I have to do is pull out the binder, get the frames and start family night. Most of the lessons are no longer than 5 minutes and they are all about Book of Mormon stories this year. I'm sure it will still be challanging and I won't be perfect at it, but I am trying harder and this website is making it a lot easier! I challenge everyone else to make FHE a priority and lets all struggle together! :)
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So proud of you!!! And don't feel alone...we had the same frustrations as you are having...just stick with it and the dividends will pay off, I promise.
I use her website too, and we love it!
FHE is no easy task, but hang in there. Even a scripture
And song together on Monday nights counts for us.
Haha. Just being together is the best part.
Ps. I wanna see how you made those headbands you gave to Erin, so super cute!
ACK! That's me!! Er, uh, that's my blog! :) What a SWEET post!! I'm so glad you are enjoying the FHE lessons. And oh my gosh, your picture frames are ADORABLE! Thanks so much. You really made my night. :)
ooo, I love the frames idea, really cute!
Post a Comment