Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Baby #5 must haves!!!

You would think that by now I would have everything I need for a new baby. And essentially I do. But I have learned more from each baby and I like trying new products that can possibly make life easier with a newborn. I wrote a post about baby must have's after Jett was born. That is found here. So on top of those products, which I currently still love and use, here is my new list of things I have found after my 5th baby, that I can't live without.

First up is the Olli Swaddle. I love to swaddle my babies and this swaddler is simply the best. I live in Arizona and it's starting to get really hot, the blankets I was using to swaddle were making her so sweaty.  This is made a a fabric that keeps baby cool and has Velcro to keep in snuggly in place. Its a stretchy fabric so it doesn't squeeze baby, just gently hugs them. I adore it.

Next is the Solly Baby Wrap. I still love my Ergo carrier, this is just a different tool that does essentially the same thing. Its very comfy to wear and baby falls asleep the instant you put them in. My only complaint is getting it to be the right amount of tight, it's either too tight and you can't get baby in, or it's too loose and it sags. I'm still perfecting it, but still love it. 

Next is the Angel Care system. After a big scare with RSV with our little one when she was just 3 weeks old and stopped breathing several times, I knew I needed something to give us peace of mind. This monitor measures movement and is so sensitive, it can feel baby breathing and alerts you if no movement is detected for 20 seconds. It works phenomenally well and I love knowing she is breathing. Great product.

Next is the Mamaroo by 4moms. This may be my favorite new find. It is amazing. It sways and bounces and rocks baby side to side in a smooth fluid motion. It has 5 different movements and 6 different sounds and can hook up to your ipod. It's genius. Mom's don't vibrate, or swing, they sway, bounce and rock, and this mimics those movements perfectly. Its simply genius.  

And another favorite by 4moms is the bath they make. It's got a thermometer on it and the water passes through that, then into an area for clean water, then into the bath and out of the side. So the water is continuously flowing through, clean water in, dirty water out. And you scoop water to pour on baby from the clean water area. Very cool.
Next up is the Medela Freestyle pump. I had a Medela Pump in Style before and just switched to this one and I Love Love Love it! Its so small and portable. You charge the battery and can take it anywhere. You can also hook it up so it's hands free. And I love they way you can program it to remember your settings and how long you want it on certain suction strengths. It also has a let down setting that it so great. Favorite pump by far. 

AND while we're on the subject of breasts, this is a great new invention that makes so much sense, you wonder why you never knew about it. It's called the Milk Saver. You put it in your bra on the side that you aren't breastfeeding on and when you get the let down, this catches all the milk, instead of it getting wasted in a pad. It's made of soft silicone so when you're done you just pour it into a bottle, or storage bag, or whatever you need to do with it. And it surprisingly collected A LOT of milk!!!! I get at least an ounce at each feeding. (when I remember to put it in, which isn't every time) But if you are looking for a way to store extra milk, this is very effective and really easy to use.

And on that awkward note..... that concludes my latest finds. I hope that helps some new mom out there! I wish I knew about these 10 years ago when I had my first baby!!!!!




No comments: