Thursday, August 20, 2015

That bitter sweet decission. (not a post for men to read)

It's been a while since I've posted! I have been so busy with summer vacation, back to school and loving on my kids! I am proud to say Georgie is now 7 months old and I could not be more obsessed with her. I just enjoy her so much! She's a perfect baby, I have no complaints......except one. Now brace yourself because I will be talking about nipples. She has been a great nurser since she's been born. But a few weeks ago she got her two bottom teeth.....ouch. She started to bite, HARD. I tried everything "they" suggest, pulled her away, screaming, (to scare her), a little bop on the mouth....nothing was working. She loved to bite. I was getting open sores, she bit so hard. Then she would bit on my open sores.......NOPE!!!! I gave it a good two weeks to see if she would stop and my poor nips just could not take any more torture. It truly broke my heart to think about having to stop nursing her. I really love doing it. I had a great supply, for the first time out of 5 kids, and I just really loved the time we had together. But really, when it came down to it, and my bleeding nipples.........I was done. Wouldn't you be? Give me some validation!! So I decided to start pumping to help my milk go down. I spread out the pumping sessions longer and longer so my body would get the hint. And it did. I could have kept my supply up by pumping every couple hours and giving her the milk, but I have done that before and it is really, really difficult. I had to just make the decision to be done. My heart ached!!!! For about a day. I cried, for about 30 seconds. Then I realized how fabulous it is when you stop nursing!!!! FREEDOM!!!!!! I can wear whatever bra I want!!! I can wear dresses!!! I don't have to try to nurse in public!!! I can start actually working out! I can eat whatever I want!! It sorta feels like you get your body back. Which you do, because when your pregnant, it's not yours, when you're nursing, it's not yours either. I have gone two days without pumping and I feel great. I literally have gallons of frozen milk in my deep freezer so she is still getting breastmilk. And when that runs out she'll probably be around 9 months old and that, my friends, is a great accomplishment. It's a very hard decision to stop nursing. It's very bitter sweet. But I feel okay about it now and I'm really really grateful and proud of my body for being able to do what it does. Now here are some ridiculously cute pictures of my baby. 




1 comment:

Janet Alverson said...

ALLLLL your babies were and are cute! She is sooo adorable.