Thursday, May 27, 2010

A great day

From Recently Updated


Today has been a very good day. And it was a very welcome break from the extremely frustrating past few weeks we've had. I found out yesterday that Rylie got accepted to Odyssey Charter School, which was our first pick but we got a letter saying she didn't get in and was #75 on the waiting list so I pretty much just forgot about them. So I went and registered her at the public school she's suppose to go to, Greenwood Elementary.......it was awful!!! I had only heard bad things about this school and was very resilient to register her there but really had no other choice. It was small, dirty, stinky, crowded, and just had an overall negative energy about it. So when i got the phone call that she was magically accepted to Odyssey I was so relieved. So we went over there so she could get assessed and she got put in the advanced class. When we walked in it was like walking into heaven in slow motion with angels singing. I was amazing! And it's literally a quarter mile from my house. So We're super excited to go there. Rylie also had her last day of preschool today, that was a little sad. Her teachers have been so sweet to us. But now Davis gets to go there so we'll still see them!!

So today was just a good day. The kids managed to not completely destroy their room this morning(we lock them in there now as our last resort) And Olivia slept 9 straight hours last night!!! I had a fun girls night out last night so that was an amazing break from all 3 kids, which I've never had before! So it feels good to have a good day. I feel especially grateful when things go well. Life has been particularly challenging so every little blessing and tender mercy really stand out.

No comments: