Sunday, October 3, 2010
Real Friends
This weekend I had an unfortunate experience that rocked my world. I had a falling out with a friend, or former friend, over something that truly broke my heart. I won't go into details but she really took the low road and made untrue accusations very publicly. I don't want to talk negatively about anyone, that would only bring me down to her level, so I wrote this with the utmost maturity and thought. I was treated like dirt for trying to help someone that was in an unfortunate situation. It really put some things into perspective for me. It made me think about who is really important to my family and me. I am so grateful for real friends. I try to be as real a person as they come and in return I like to surround myself with positive real people. I don't like drama and I don't like liars. I don't want anything to do with that. I want love and friendship and kindness to be a big part of my life. I want the people I associate with and bring around my children to be good examples and full of integrity, as I try to be. I think it's important to serve others expecting nothing in return, what you get for that is blessings in other ways. Those who serve ONLY to expect something in return are in for disappointment and bitter feelings. That is not the point of serving. I was called "self righteous" for having this opinion but I don't think it's self righteous, I think it's common sense. It is a greater blessing for me to serve then to be served. I want to say that I love the friends I have in my life. I would do anything for them. They lift me up and help beyond belief. I couldn't survive without these positive uplifting spirits in my life. I hope they all know that they are appreciated and loved for being so good to me. I'm sad for this individual who thought it was okay to take kindness and run and then accuse me of being a "fake" friend because I chose to distance myself from a dishonest person who values friendship only by how much other people do for her. I wish her the best but do not wish to be in contact with people like that. I don't feel burned, I just feel smarter. No one can bring me down, or make me think less of myself, and those who try are in for a slap in the face because I love who I am and I am NEVER going to let someone like that make me feel like less of a person or friend. I will always be bigger than that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment