Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I feel healthy, oh so healthy!

I cannot speak highly enough for this new way of living I have started. This post is not a "I'm so cool, look what I can do" post, I'm far from cool and far where I want to be..... just an update of my way of living lately. I have now been doing this no sugar for 3 months, with an exception of a week during Christmas where I ate whatever the crap I wanted. I feel amazing. I have started training for a half marathon in April and another one in June so I have been running 5 days a week and doing weight training. I eat as healthy as I can and don't eat sugar or white flour.
Basically if it's white, it ain't right.
I started some awesome supplements, new multi vitamins, antioxidant formula, super B complex, calcium and vitamin D supplements, and glucosamine supplements. I have noticed my skin and hair have changed and I have a ton of energy and my mood is greatly uplifted. Having gone through some serious stress lately, I knew I needed to do everything I could to change in a positive way and it feels so good to know I am treating my body well and it is helping my attitude and stress level greatly. Plus it helps that a few of my girlfriends are doing the same thing so we can swap recipes and work out together. I make these smoothies that are to die for, it's vanilla almond milk, flaxseed meal, a handful of spinach, frozen srawberries and blueberries and a scoop of protein powder. It's awesome and delicious and my kids love em too. It's kinda fun to watch my body change, like a game, "hello muscles that I haven't seen since before I had babies and ruined my abs!" 

1 comment:

Erin said...

ok this post totally has motivated me to (maybe) start all this healthy stuff you guys are doing. Key word is maybe so we will see. But you are awesome!