I have a funny story to tell. My little Jett man is 16 months old. I knew he was due for a pediatrician appointment so I set one up with the doctor we were assigned to from our health insurance. So I've got the youngest 3 kids with me and we head over. First, the office was not a kids office so I asked what kind of doctor he was. They said he was a family practice doctor. Okay. They made us wait in the waiting room for about 35 minutes before taking us back. The nurse had me weigh Jett on a normal, adult scale....with his clothes on....weird. Then had him stand on the scale to get his height....weird. Then they took us back to the room, which was small, dirty, and not kid friendly...at all, while the nurse struggled to get his head circumference with something that was not made to do that. We had to wait in there for 45 minutes, mind you I had 3 kids with me who were bored out of their minds. I got my purse and was ready to just leave when the doctor finally walks in. First of all, I can't understand a word he's saying cuz he's got such a think Indian accent. I don't get any stats or anything for Jett and he doesn't even ask me anything about him, well, he might have, but I couldn't understand him. He looks him over for about 20 seconds and that was it. Weird. Here's the best part of the story. Olivia asks him for a sticker, which is their favorite part of going to the doctor. He says "I don't have any stickers, but do you want some candy?" Ummmm, really? So no joke, he leaves the room and comes back with..........wait for it...........wait for it.........................
APPLE CIDER PACKETS FROM THE EMPLOYEE BREAK ROOM!!!!!! WHAT!!! Yep, he walked in to the break room and thought "what can I give these kids? Oh, apple cider packets, they'll love it." What??????? So he comes in and kinda throws them at the kids like he's proud of what he found. And then walks out. Appointment over. I was shocked. I walked right over to an ACTUAL pediatricians office next door and got a new doctor and new appointment for my kids. Holy cow, it was such a weird, funny experience. One I had to write down. Worst doctor ever.
So I don't have any stats for Jett, but I do know he weighs 21 pounds, fully clothed that is. So he' still pretty tiny. But the cutest little boy I've ever seen. I mean, really. Look at this kid. I'm so blessed.





No comments:
Post a Comment