Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Take 5

 Shock and awe. Thats what we felt about 6 weeks ago when I got two little pink lines on that test. We were totally shocked. I had actually taken several negative tests before getting a positive one. I just kept taking them because I wasn't feeling right. So Michael came home from work and I told him the news, he was as shocked as I was! We knew we wanted more kids, we just didn't know it was suppose to come NOW! One thing we've learning with this family is that Heavenly Father has plans for us that sometimes we are unaware of. He knows all and knows when these sweet spirits are suppose to come to earth. He's in control, not us!! So we are so excited and honored to get another amazing child added to our family!

When we first found out, we decided not to tell anyone quite yet until we new everything was okay with the baby. If you don't know, my last pregnancy was pretty much a disaster from start to finish. Hormone problems, bed rest, weekly ultra sounds, lots of medications, ridiculous sickness and migraines, and in the end, a premature baby whom was in the NICU for two weeks. Not an ideal way to grow and have a baby. So this time around we wanted to get all the tests done early and rule out any complications. All my blood work came back normal and all hormone levels were great. We then had an ultra sound and got to see the little peanut, (yep, only one in there!) That little flickering heart beat gets me every time. Such a miracle! Although, the baby was measuring smaller than it should, which meant that they wanted to change my due date and move everything back by two weeks. Total bummer....so I "should" be around 9 or 10 weeks, but now they say they want me to be only 7 or 8 weeks, since the babe was smaller. I don't really understand it, but thats what they said. So my due date was pushed back two weeks, making it October 15th. I was really irritated for a day, now having to basically re live the last two weeks of my pregnancy, but I'm over it. The babe will come when it's ready to come, who really cares about a due date right?

I was dreading the whole morning sickness thing, which for me is really afternoon sickness. But so far I feel amazing. Of course I have days that are worse than others, but for the most part, I just feel tired....all. the. time. With my other four kids, right at 5 weeks, I am miserably sick. Down for the count and can't eat anything. This time I just don't feel it. I started taking a B6 vitamin right when I found I was pregnant, I had never done that before, so who knows if thats the trick for me. The doctor said every pregnancy is different and this one just might be an easy one. Or the sickness could come at full force any day, so just to be grateful for every day that I feel good! And I am! I try and get as much done as I can, cuz who knows how I'll feel tomorrow!

My kids and family are so excited, I'm sure my mom is slightly nervous for me, she knows how hard it is to have so many little kids! And I am nervous.....terrified actually. I keep saying that as soon as you have 5 kids you're officially the crazy lady with too many kids and are pretty much a lost cause, so you might as well have 10. Hahahaha! Not really. (but seriously though). Anyway, I'm scared but I'm not doing this alone and I feel extremely blessed and grateful to get to do this again. I've watched my brother and sister in law struggle with infertility and it breaks my heart. I know how lucky I am and I don't take this for granted. These little spirits are entrusted to me to raise and thats an amazing privilege.

We have decided this time around to NOT find out if it's a girl or boy. This is my 5th baby folks, not my first rodeo. I have two of each kind of kid and every single baby gadget ever made. I don't need one piece of baby clothing or anything really that has to do with baby. I don't care if it's a boy or girl, so why not be surprised in the delivery room? I think it sounds like so much fun! There are a few times in life that you get a chance to have that experience, I have to do it with one of my babies. So we are.

My mom just sent this incredibly awesome monstrosity to me:
I am so excited about it! It takes up more than half of my king sized bed, I'm sure Michael loves it. But I've always wanted one, and now a get to cuddle up with this amazing pillow when ever I want!

So now it's out and I can talk about it whenever I want. My belly is definitely out there, so I had to get the word out. I swear you show earlier with every baby. That kid is literally the size of an olive but your belly thinks it needs to provide extra cushion, so it sticks out and confuses people into thinking "is she getting fat? Or maybe she's pregnant?" That limbo phase is great isn't it ladies!!!!

No comments: