Monday, September 15, 2014

life after nausea

So I know my last post was a little bit of a downer. Life when you're pregnant sick is pretty miserable, I just had to write about it! But I'm happy to report that I am 22 weeks and feeling amazing. No more being sick all day every day. I knew this day would come, but waiting for it is the worst. Life completely stops for me when I'm sick like that. I know as soon as I can scroll through Pinterest with out speeding past the food posts that I'm on my way back to normal. I'm so grateful to be feeling better. So I'm back to cooking and cleaning and watching my belly grow every day. All I can wear is maternity stuff now, which is really fun to see what I can come with to wear. I can feel the little person in there moving around all the time. Although I have to say that this baby is actually my most mellow baby so far. We went in for our 20 week ultra sound and he/she was hardly moving at all. We didn't find out what we're having, which made for a really strange ultra sound. Usually I am counting down the days till I fond out what I'm having. This time it's just different. I just flat out don't care what it is. Boy, girl, either would be fabulous. And I already have two of each so I thought it would be a fun game to not find out. My husband on the other hand, does not think it's fun. He is rather irritated with the whole thing. He hates surprises. But I'm the boss and I'm pretty much forcing him to do what I say. He doesn't like it one bit. But too bad.

We've had some exciting things happen in the last few weeks. Our Mastiff had puppies again! There were 7, which was very unexpected, her last litter was only 4 and they all died. But this time, her milk wasn't flowing like it usually does, so we had to bottle feed the puppies. All 7 of them. It was exhausting. And this litter happen to be born with some sort of genetic abnormality where when they drink they aspirate the milk and it goes into their lungs and kills them. We lost 3 puppies this way. So sad. Then we lost 3 more from other random things and only ended up with two sellable puppies. So frustrating for the amount of time and money we put into keeping them alive. But alas, this is the game you play when you breed dogs. You win some, you loose some. (a lot).

We also had a really fun encounter with lice. Yep. Never had to deal with lice and I dreaded the day when I had to. It's sort of a right of passage. You ain't no real mom until you pick devil bugs and eggs out of your children's hair for hours. One morning last week Olivia came to me and said her head was itching, I checked and saw little white dots everywhere. I had never seen lice before so I took her into the pediatrician and had her looked at. It was quickly confirmed that it was indeed lice. (insert a mental image of me gagging here) I freaked out. I drove straight to my older kids school and told the front desk what happened and they called both kids up to get looked at. And yep, they both had it as well. I pretty much made Michael come home from work immediately to help me. I ran to the store for lice kits and Michael started on laundry. Oh the freakin laundry. We had piles and piles of it. Every sheet, blanket, cushion cover, piece of clothing, pillow case, anything washable, we washed. And then I sprayed the whole house with alcohol and tea tree oil. Then came the hair picking. Oh gag. This was the worst part. Michael did the first round and got all the live bugs out. Then on the second round I got to dig through and see what I could find. Those eggs are no easy task to get out. They are stuck to the hair with some sort of magical satan cement. They do not come out. You literally have to pinch it with your finger and fingernail and slide it down the hair shaft until its out. And there are hundreds of them!!! Holy gag. It was awful. Just awful. I was itchy for days just thinking about those little demon bugs. So after a few days and 4 lice treatments each, I think they're gone. I hope they're gone. I hope I never have to deal with that ever again. I probably will.

So, feeling better, puppies, and lice are what my life has been about for a few weeks. So looking forward to fall. Its still about 100 degrees here, which actually doesn't feel that bad. But by next month it should be down in the 80s, and thats fall for us. It's actually awesome. While everyone else starts to freeze, we get the start of 8 months of glorious 75 degree weather every day. That right there is the reason I moved here. :)

No comments: