Thursday, July 9, 2009

chain reaction

This morning was interesting. Every morning when I wake up I am terrified to find out what awaits me on the outside of my bedroom. My daughter still wakes up a few hours before anyone else and has free range of the house. I have gone over and over and over the things she is and is not allowed to do. And every day I hope that something I've said has sunken in and she might behave. This morning I woke to her once again, in her brothers room. She woke him up early and was playing in his crib. So I get them out and walk into the kitchen to get cereal out for them. I tried to open the pantry and it's locked...from the inside. So I ask her where the key is and of course she doesn't know. Why would she? I'm already mad because I had to wake up early and yell at her for once again going in her brothers room. So I grab a screw driver and start unscrewing the doorknob. I get the front off and the back is still screwed into the door. I then start banging on the doorknob with the screwdriver to try and brake it off. At this point I am willing to brake the door down to get it open. (which I did try and my poor foot has the proof.) All I wanted was the door open. I didn't care how it got open. So here I am banging and banging on the metal doorknob trying to brake it off. I got so mad I threw the screwdriver at the sink and it bounced up and hit a shelf above it, which fell down and knocked a glass off the counter that shattered on the floor and knocked a bunch of dishes on the floor. Oh and broke the shelf, which pulled the nails out of the wall and ripped the dry wall apart. At this point Davis is crying in his seat because he's scared. So I start laughing. Rylie is in her room crying, Davis is crying, I am laughing and crying. And the door still isn't open. Michael then walks into the kitchen and asks what the heck is going on. I then burst into tears telling the story about how I couldn't get the door open. It sounded pretty pathetic retelling the events, but I was mad okay!!! So the pantry door won today, it won the battle, But I will win the war!


A few hours later I found the key on my bathroom sink.

2 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

Oh Andrea, that is so sad! What a horrible, awful, no good very bad morning! I hope the rest of the day went better for you... aren't kids fun? :)

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

Okay, that is terrible. Mornings like that make you want to duct tape your kids into their beds and just go back to sleep. I am sorry you had such a bad morning! It does, however, create quite the mental picture! :) I hope today is going better....