Friday, January 29, 2010

Labor and delivery trip #1

Today we went on a field trip with the joy school girls to the Bean Museum (it's not actually a museum dedicated to beans, which is what I thought it was, it's just an animal museum) I wasn't feeling very good and having tons of contractions and feeling lots of pressure, but like I said before, I have a hard time really paying attention to contractions because I get them all the time and had lots of false labors in the past with my other kids. But these were really hurting and making me super uncomfortable. After the crazy day at the museum and lunch at McDonalds I decided to call the nurse. She said to go right to labor and delivery and get checked. So I called Michael and he came home from work and I headed over there. I got all hooked up to the monitors and in one of those glorious attractive hospital gowns. They did all sorts of tests and checked me and said I was dilated to a 1 plus....which is not good when you're only 31 weeks. So I stayed there for about an hour and a half while we waited for the test results to come back. Finally the nurse came in said that my urine test showed crystals...meaning I have kidney stones which is why I was feeling so much pressure and pain. But my kidneys don't even hurt so I don't really get it. The other tests came back normal. So I'm not in labor or anything but they are concerned that I'm starting to dilate. I have a normal doctors apt on Tuesday and we will discus what needs to happen next. I hoping and hoping that the words "bed rest" don't come out of my doctors mouth. We'll see! So I don't really know what's going to happen with the kidney thing. They just said to drink tons of water and hopefully get the crystals out. So, there is hospital visit #1! Lets hope the next time we go it will be in about 8 weeks and we will have baby!

1 comment:

Just the 3 of us said...

I hope you don't have to go on bedrest either!! Stop scrubbing your shower! Let me help you with whatever you need ok? I was lucky enough to have my best friend helping me out so much when I was pregnant with Kaylie and it was great! I would love to help you. Babysit, clean, cook, anything! Let me know :) And take care of yourself and your belly!