Sunday, January 10, 2010

Today

is not a good day for my little family. Sometimes you just have days when every single thing feels out of wack. My crazy pregnancy hormones definitely got the best of me today. I haven't been sleeping well, due to my rehab from nose spray, I've been trying to stick it out and get off of the extremely addicting nasal spray Afrin. (don't ever use that stuff, I'll have to write a post about that.) Anyway, so I haven't really slept in the last 5 nights. This morning I woke up to my husband saying from the other room "Mommy is going to be so mad when she sees this!" Then Davis comes in and tells me "Mommy, I ripped off all your wall paper." ................what. I just spent hours, literally, putting up this new wallpaper in his room, which is really the new baby's room. It took forever and I worked really hard on it and he ruined it. He decided to start behind his crib and start peeling it off. I now have to take down two whole sections of wallpaper and redo them. I just cried. That's all I could do. I was so discouraged. He's already ruined the new (expensive)crib I got for the baby because he bites the edges. I was so mad, but mostly just sad that all my hard work was so easily ruined. But how do you get mad a 2 year old for that? That's what 2 year olds do. But that's almost more frustrating because I want to be mad at someone!! I had to be away from my kids for the rest of the morning. Then we go to church and Rylie decided that its a good day to test my patience and freak out in the middle of sacrament meeting. I started to take her out to the foyer and in the process she has a full on melt down and starts kicking and screaming. I had to put her in the straight jacket hold (cross their arms in front of them and hold as tight as you can so they can't move) I ended up having to take her outside in the snow because she was screaming so loud. At this point both of us are crying and I am standing hopeless in the parking lot. This was not a good day for me to be practicing my patience. I had none and being pregnant carrying a 4 year old who is thrashing around for everyone to see was the real low point. I actually had to leave church after I dropped the kids off at class because I couldn't get it together. I'm feeling better now though. I came home and cleaned the house all by myself and went back for Relief Society and listened to a really good lesson about how we know God is real. Someone brought up the point that they know he is real by looking at new born babies and knowing that they have just come straight from Heavenly Fathers arms. I liked that. I also got to meet some new girls who had just moved in the ward. I was kinda self conscious because I have a huge cold sore right now, but oh well. So now I'm just focusing on being able to show my kids love despite the frustrations they brought me today. They have forgotten about it by now, so shouldn't I? HA!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh you POOR THING!!!! I can't believe Davis did that! well if you want help putting it back up I can help you- I am a wallpaper expert now!

emily said...

I'm so sorry about the wallpaper! That stinks! As for Sacrament Meeting, you are not alone...we've all been there. It's frustrating, humiliating and really makes you want to reconsider being a mom! :) You may have already read it...pretty sure you were in the ward then, but check out this post. It might make you feel better.
http://thecrazysixofus.blogspot.com/2008/06/i-thought-sacrament-meeting-was.html

Leanne said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That is AWFUL. I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating that whole wallpaper thing must be. And on top of it all, being prego makes everything harder. Oh I feel so bad. I'm with Kelley, give my a call if you want help re wallpapering! Maybe you just need a good soak in the spa.... :)

amber {and co.} said...

Oh man Andrea, I feel for you! That story makes me so sad- I feel frustrated just from reading about what you went through! I hope today is better for you and that you can repair the wallpaper :( Let Leanne and Kelley come and help you, it might even be fun ;) Love you!