Tuesday, May 10, 2011

So so so...so so sad

Tonight is a sad night. A sad. sad. night. We had a glorious trip planned to Las Vegas with our besties the Reeves for this weekend. It was both our anniversaries so we thought we'd celebrate together. We had a package booked at the Mandalay Bay and tickets to the Lion King. Well, after months of planning and plotting, there was a uncontrollable tragedy that happened to the Reeves's babysitter, leaving them high and dry with 3 days until the trip. After lots of brainstorming and asking, there was no one available to watch the kidlets. Thus resulting in a cancellation of the trip. After lots of disappointment (and some tears I might add) we had to cancel. So instead Mike is taking the kids on the fathers and sons outing on Friday and I get to....stay home alone! Girls night anyone? Please come over and help mend my broken spirit???? :) I am being a little dramatic, but I am allowed to just for now. And poor Ashley, she is just as bummed as I am, if not more. I know you're asking "Why don't you just go without them?" And I will answer you- because the whole trip was planned around going as couples, our Lion King tickets were right next to each other, we were going to drive together to save on gas, and as girls we planned the whole thing together so excited to go as couples. We just didn't want to go alone and do all of that on our own and leave them behind. Not cool. We're trying to think of something fun to do on Saturday night now that we have all this refunded money. Something that involves wearing this rockin dress I bought for the trip.....

3 comments:

:: ashley :: said...

sooooooooooo depressed about this. july july july...

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

Oh no :( I am soooooo sad for you!!!!! :( :( :( Well, you'll just have to reschedule, right????

MSorenson said...

Sad!