Monday, July 11, 2011

7th time in 7 years

 Yes its true, we have now moved 7 times in 7 years. And I hate every second of all of it. Let me list off some things I would rather do instead of moving.... listen to John Denver, shave my head, potty train toddlers, get a virus on my computer, get spit up on by someone elses baby, have popcorn kernels stuck in every one of my teeth, stand in line at the DMV with all three children, clean portapottys, watch Yo Gabba Gabba all day....while all of these things are ridiculously annoying and frustrating, they are all exponentially better than moving. It seems like our stuff grows every time we move, no matter how much I get rid of. Luckily this new place has a huge basement to put things in that I don't want to think about. Out of site out of mind! The box below made me laugh when I saw it so I had to take a pic. My mom helped TREMENDOUSLY with packing and watching the kids. She wrote this on one on the boxes-


 The kids stayed busy making forts and trains and cars out of the boxes

It's boxes like this on that make it possible to have a non living thing be your nemesis. And this box was my nemesis. It has things from every room in the house, small things, big things, holiday things, clothing, trash. You name it and I got to sort through it and walk all over the house putting things away. Every time I saw this box I cringed and made a noise with the back of my throat like this "aggghhhhcch"

This picture was taken at about 11 pm the night we moved in, the kids still awake and running around as we got the last boxes in from the truck.

So one word to some up this move is  BARF. I hated it. But to say something positive, we had lots of help and we got it done. Now time to organize and beautify. We did get to eat lots of take out, one night I ate 5 krispy kream donuts for dinner, as did my kids. Right on. A big thanks goes out to my mom for making this process easier for me and being so generous. You rock! And to Ashley for being a gem and cleaning my condo for me, the absolute last thing I wanted to do, except for now she knows how dirty my fridge was......  And to Coralie for watching Davis all day for me! And to my sister Katie for helping with the kids! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I am throwing a big party this Thursday night at 7, so everybody come see our new place!!! I hope it will be unpacked by then! :)
Here's to not moving again for 20 years!!!!

2 comments:

Coralie said...

We had so much fun with Davis! I'm glad we got to keep him! Can't wait to see your new place :)

Paul said...

so, see you next year with more boxes and another kid? cool.