I've made it to 15 weeks and the baby is totally healthy and beautiful! (in black and white anyway) I now have the go ahead to move around and be a normal human being! I'm so out of shape and a walk up the street with my kids in the stroller is exhausting, but I'll get better. It feels amazing to be able to walk outside again. I went from running almost every day outside to sitting or laying inside all day every day. It was a big adjustment. My brain problems are still there, I have flashing lights in my eyes all the time and I still have a really hard remembering every day things and appointments. Its super frustrating, but I just have to be patient with it. I am on a waiting list to see a neurologist that can hopefully answer more of my questions. We decided to stop the hormone treatment early to help with the side effects and luckily the baby did fine with the adjustment. The side effects have gone away substantially and it is like a breath of fresh air to not feel like death every second of the day. I feel like I have more energy and less rage. :) I still feel sick though, I couldn't expect to feel 100% better with out the hormones, I am still pregnant and with that there is still the regular yucky sickness. But a girl can dream right? It is way better than what it was so for that I am grateful. I have days where I feel totally fine, and it's almost strange to feel so normal. Those days I play with my kids and do the things I have a hard time doing when I'm sicker, cuz I don't really know how long it's going to last!
My belly is getting bigger by the day it feels like. I have sadly had to put away some pants that no longer have a place in my wardrobe. But that's okay because I have found lots of cute elastic waist skirts and maxi dresses ready for summer to take their place and I'm totally fine with that! I can't wait for pools and splash parks and watermelon and bar-b-ques and easy friend filled days of summer ahead!
I can feel the baby kicking and dancing away in there, which has been really comforting to know that as long as it is moving around it is probably okay. We get to find out what we're having in a little over a week and I can not wait! We are feeling so blessed for all the help we received and hope that some day I can pay it forward! I am hoping that the baby updates will be a lot more positive and happy and able to report good news! So far this has been a huge trial of our faith but a great lesson on patience, humility, and learning how to ask for help, which is extremely hard for me to do. My kids and husband have been such troopers and hopefully soon they will get their real mommy and real wife back!
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment