Tuesday, May 1, 2012

And thats how it's done

Let me first mention that this is my 500th post on my blog. Thats a lot.
Anyway, today I would like to talk about my most recent visit to my doctor. I love my doctor beyond words and this is why. This was my 16 week check up. Also it is the first time getting to talk to my doctor after the whole losing my memory incodent. So he came into the room and I got to tell him a little bit more about what happened. I was able to tell him how frustrating it was to not be able to get ahold of him about making this decission to stop the progesterone. I had to talk to other OBs that I'm sure are very smart but they were not my doctor and I just wanted to talk to MY doctor. No one would let me do that. So after venting for a little bit he told me how sorry he was and how bad he felt and how that shouldn't have happened, he then got a piece of paper and wrote something down on it and handed it to me. It was his personal cell phone number. He said "This is my cell phone number. I do not give this out. But if you ever need anything I want you to call me on this number." I was pretty impressed by that! Then we talked about how I am unable to see a neurologist because the waiting lists are so long and he got his phone out and looked up some doctors on his computer and started making phone calls right there. "Hello, my name is Dr. Sean Hasket at Legacy OBGYN and I have a patient who needs to get into see Dr. soandso immediately. Yes, she needs an appointment this week, I understand it's very difficult but this is an emergency. Okay, 11:30 Friday? Thank you very much, she'll be there." And thats how it's done folks. I guess you have major pull when you are a big bad OB and need something done immediatley! I was impressed again! So he gave me his cell phone number, got me an impossible appointment with a brain doctor and listened to me whine and complain about things for about half hour, all with a smile on his face. I love this doctor. So he told me to come back in two weeks and that was that. I swear, with the amout of times I've seen this doctor this pregnancy I feel like the baby should be here by now! I have had 10 appointments and 9 ultra sounds! Good thing I like this office and this doctor or this would be miserable.  Ha. T minus 4 days til we find out what we're having!

2 comments:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

It's amazing the difference dr.'s can make! I'm so happy that you have found an AWESOME one! :D

kdalomia said...

Yay! I can't wait to find out too...sure you don't want to hold out and wait until the baby is born?? :) You will have to let me know what the neurologist says, I am so glad you get to go in a.s.a.p. :)