Thursday, August 2, 2012

freezer crock pot meals

I have always wanted to do this and I wanted to make them for Michael so he can make dinner after the baby is born. I loved the idea of not having to cook the meal before you freeze it. This is all raw food, frozen and then you put it in the crock pot in the morning when you want to eat it. So much easier.  I found this site from pinterest found here and she gives you a shopping list and all the recipes. Each recipe does two meals. There is teriyaki chicken, bbq chicken, beef stew, and veggie beef soup. I did all of them becasue they all looked so good. I also added a taco soup because I love it and we were on a roll anyways. My mom is here this week so she helped me make them. We knocked out 10 meals in an hour. It was actually really fun. I just went through her shoping list and got the things I didn't already have. I had a lot of in my food storage and just needed the meat and produce. I suggest getting roast, (we got london broil on sale) for the stew meat and just cut it up, so much cheaper! Get a bag of chicken breast from Costco and you're good to go. I'm excited to try them all!

No comments: