A friend just introduced me to a website called Pintrest. It's a fun place to get ideas for things, for all things really. So I saw some ideas on there and thought, I can totally do that for so cheap. So I put myself to the test and recreated some things for my abode. The wreath is folded book pages glued to a cardboard ring. Super cute and free!
Then I got a new shower curtain....the other one wasn't working out. The truth about that other curtain is it was a Steve Madden one from Dillards and in the picture on line it looked super cute. I wanted the one from Anthropolgie but it was $118....not going to pay that much for a shower curtain ever. So when I got this other in the mail I put it up and thought "hu...this looks funny, not sure if I like it" Then Mike came home from work and told me it looked like something my grandma would put in her house. So I wanted people to vote and see what they thought, knowing I was going to exchange it anyway. :) So this one is from Urban Outfitters and has the same ruffle feel, but not so grandma-y. I like it much better. :)
This picture I saw on pintrest and recreated it with my scrapbooking software. Total cost- $1.50
And this frame was inspired by pintrest as well. Got a wood frame from Walmart and covered it with paper and flowers.(Picture to put in it soon to come, still waiting for our new family pictures to be done:). Total cost- $2.00
This bathroom didn't have a hand towel rack so I got this one from Ross for $5. And these pictures will be updates as well. :)
And another inspired idea and finally something to put in these cool frames- fabric. So easy and cheap. Total cost for frames and fabric $5.00
And lastly, this is not a completed project yet. My uncle gave us a bunch of free furniture when we moved here and this is half of a china hutch. The other half got stolen when their storage unit got robbed. So I have half of a hutch....and it's really nice, despite the crappy picture of it in my basement. I need something to put it on....but what? I would have to match the wood exactly and I don't want to do that....I could paint it, but it's such beautiful wood. I'll have to keep thinking and trying to find an idea for this....
Monday, August 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
how do you have time to do this? That's my first question. Second question, how do you this? I'm inspired. Love the wreath, might have to try that one myself.
By the way, thanks for the pep talk the other day. It really did help me. And I'm working on this whole flexible thing. Thanks again!
Post a Comment