*Bought an old tv stand at DI for $10, along with some sweet old decor, including the apple clock, a real winner.
*Spray painted it...now this seems like it would be simple, but oh no. Spray paint gets EV rywhere, including up your nose and sticks to your nose hairs.
*Bought fabric and cute bobbly things for the ends, my favorite feature.
*Lined the walls with beadboard wall paper I had left over, I think it gives it a cute homey feel.
*For the stove tops I used sour cream lids spray painted black and popsicle sticks spray painted silver, and the knobs are Gatorade lids with popsicle sticks glued to the tops, spray painted black
*For the sink I used a bowl from DI, a letter "j" spray painted silver, and lids from some carpet cleaner I had, spray painted silver. I didn't want to buy and actual faucet, they were really expensive.
*And lastly, I bought some little pans and utensils and play food from Ikea and wa la!
A kitchen
total cost of makeover- $30

5 comments:
Oh my gosh! That is sooo cute! I love it! I have that same exact apple clock in my real kitchen ;) Great job, I'm so impressed!
Great job, Andrea! It's super cute! I'll bet your kids will love to play with it!
ok that is AMAZING!!! Do you follow the blog "All things Thrifty?" You should submit it to be shown on her "Feature Fridays" post.
i just posted this on pinterest! you might get popular!
oh WOW! So so cute! Sheesh, you amaze me! Love it, now can you make us one? :) jk. ok no really, I want one.
Post a Comment