Friday, March 16, 2012
2 months
9 weeks down! This is going by so slowly! I think because I'm so worried about the baby. Every day that goes by and I'm still pregnant I am grateful. So here's the update from the doctor: I had another ultra sound and the baby is looking good with a strong heartbeat. I was a little worried about my weight gain (8 pounds so far which is really abnormal for me in the first trimester) the doctor informed me that it is not fat that I'm gaining....its water. The hormone that I'm taking makes you retain water like crazy. He said to expect to gain another 10 pounds of water weight in the next 5 weeks! Holy cow! Literally! He said expect to get really puffy and swollen. Awesome! I'm so excited for that! Who doesn't want to gain massive amounts of water weight in a short amount of time so everyone thinks you're a big fat whale? I do! I do! ..............right. BUT.....I have to do it, so I will do it with a smile. And I will OWN that extra 15 pounds of water weight! Bring it! So yes, I busted out the maternity clothes and am already wearing some of the pants. My tummy is sticking out abnormally far for not being that far along. And nobody will have a problem with that! The other side effects from this medicine are still going strong, including extra nausea, extreme exhaustion, crazy mood swings (my poor husband) and migraines. My kids are being such troopers. Not complaining about having cereal for dinner or grilled cheese for the fourth time that week. I haven't cooked a meal in probably 4 weeks. I can't do it. I can't smell it and then eat it. But I am trying as hard as I can to stay positive. I know how blessed I am and I know I'm doing something good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love how you are documenting this! Hang in there, hopefully it will get better soon!
Cute! Sorry you're not getting the most awesome side effects... but are any of them really that awesome? Keep up the positivity!
Post a Comment