Monday, June 18, 2012
To cloth or go broke?
I know. Trust me, I know what your thinking. No freakin way. Cloth diapers are the devil. I think so too! BUT today I had a very interesting conversation with a lady at Costco who works for Cutey Baby cloth diapers. She demonstrated how they actually work. And really, they have come a looooong way. Its basically just as easy as changing a disposable diaper. They're waterproof and these come with a removeable insert that you take out and throw in the wash. AND you put a disposable mesh liner on top of that so when they poop, you just roll up the mesh liner, throw it away, and put the diaper in the wash. You never have to deal with rinsing poopy diapers, which was the reason I never wanted to try them. I guess the only set back is the laundry. Lots of washing the diapers. Thats really all I see as a hardship with these. Unless I'm wrong. They are kinda expensive, but still WAY cheaper than buying disposable diapers. During this roadshow at Costco you pay $99 for the starter kit that comes with all your diapers, 8 I think, and a few rolls of the mesh liners. If you tried to buy the same kit on Amazon it's $140. So now is the time to buy them. I just can't make a decission like this without talking to people who have used them! I spend $40 a month on diapers so they will very quickly pay for themselves, I just don't want to end up hating them and buying disposables anyway! I need some opinions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I cloth diaper Andrew and it has been over a year. Call me if you have questions about it. I also did a blog post about it last Sunday!
We've been cloth diapering Ruby for a year now. Since we've been traveling we've only been using disposables and I cannot believe how many we've gone through. I never realized what a money saver the cloth really was before! I love it and it's not too hard. I use g diapers with Ruby and love them. I think they're not that much of a pain and totally worth it, especially if the diapers you buy are going to be used for more than one baby, but even then, I think they're great. Let us know what you decide! :)
All I have to say is, "Eeww!" ha ha I just don't think I could do it. I think it's awesome if you can, and don't give up. I don't think I could even do it for a day. Good luck!
I have been cloth diapering for a year. You can get a great diaper sprayer on ebay for 23 bucks with shipping they are awesome. Also alvababy has bamboo diapers for 10 a piece that are amazing and ship free you would love them
Ashley and I both warn that you must like microfiber for cutey baby she uses bamboo and I use cotton diapers. But I have a friend who uses similar diapers to cuteybaby and likes them just fine.
Post a Comment