Tuesday, June 5, 2012

much needed vacation


 We had the best time in California! Despite the sad circumstance of Michael's grandma passing away, it was really good to get a break, and be with family for two weeks. I had been despritely needing a vacation after being so sick for so long and in the house for so long. Finally feeling better, it was so good to be where we were. We spent the first few days with the Tao family and then Michael had to fly home and I stayed another week with my family in Santa Barbara. The Santa Barbara pictures are first and then come the Camarillo pictures. We spent every day outside and at the beach and at the park. The weather couldn't have been better and the kids had a blast in the waves and the sand.




We even had a dolphin friend come say hi. He was about 30 feet from the shore! So cool!!

Rylie and Pop Pop out on the paddle board. She was so brave and held on the whole time!


Davis is the Hulk. Of course.

 And here are the cousins in Camarillo. They were loud and crazy but they had so much fun playing together. We haven't all been together in 5 years, so it was fun to have the whole family there.

Of course we had to get the boys matching Avengers shirts. Davis and his cousin Taylor could be twin brothers. Everyone was getting them confused.

This is Uncle Dan, Michael's brother. He was Liv's "best friend" while we were there. She had to be sitting with him or playing him every second and he was so sweet with her. Him and Michael look very similar and I have issues confusing them as well. My most embarrassing moment involves this brother and an almost accidental kiss...
 Above is Uncle Dan and his girlfriend Dana. They were so good with our kids and of course our kids loved the attention. Dana painted toenails, read stories and played with them non stop. She needs to move in and be my nanny. :)

We went to a blueberry and raspberry farm and got to pick our own berries. The kids loved it and it was a really fun day out with the family.



 This is the only picture I got from Family Picture Day. It was so crazy to try and get everyone together for pictures. It's always a production!! There were crying kids, yelling adults and dogs running around. Hopefully we got some good shots, I will post them when I get them.
And thats our trip! It was awesome and fun and much needed. Our families were so great and I am so glad we got to go down and see everyone.

3 comments:

Shakirra said...

I was sad to hear about Linda's mom. I'm sorry for the sad circumstances also, but yay for getting away from it all for a while and having a vacation! You look really great and very happy! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Dana Tao said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana Tao said...

ALL these pictures are SOOO cute!!! I'm stealing the one of Danny and I with the girls! I will have to get that printed and put in a frame! We love you guys! p.s. We definitely want to come and visit/ help out in October!!!