Today we made and decorated Halloween cookies with our friends Tanya, Enrique and Arora. The kids had fun for about 10 minutes while they got to pile on the frosting and eat it. Once they were done eating thier cookie, they pretty much had no more intrest in the activity, leaving me about 50 cookies to frost. It's okay, they had a lot of fun and got really messy. I love doing holiday activities with my kids. I hope they remember things like this. I really want to start some new traditions this year with the hollidays coming. I need some ideas. I have a few that my family did together that I know I'll do with my kids but I need some new things to start in our own family. I have so many wonderful memories of Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas. I feel like this is the first year that Rylie is old enough to participate in, remember, and understand the things that I think are fun. I love knowing that I am now the instagator for the fun things. I can do what ever I want!

Chech out how thick that frosting is. (its suppose to be a pumpkin) She actually only took 1 bite out of this one and decided that it was a little to much.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You're a good mom...I can only bring myself to do sugar cookies like once a year. It's such a long process from making the dough, rolling them out, baking them, frosting them, storing them, cleaning up, blah, blah, blah...It makes me want to reconsider...maybe once every 5 years! Just kidding. It is fun and I'm sure your kids will remember the fun traditions you're starting and that they have a mom that loves them. That's all that really matters!
Enrique says, "Thank you for the note and I love you, and I know that this is true about our four kids and four girls are coming."...enrique
Who knows what is going through that little mind of his.
Thank you for the fun day.
One of my favorite holiday memories growing up was doing the "12 days of Christmas", we would do an advent calendar and then a holiday activity each day (i.e. frosting cookies, putting up decorations, wrapping presents, etc)- that way everything gets done and you dont have to do it all at once, and its fun for the kids! I think your kids will remember all the fun parties you guys throw, I know Rylie loves them!
Post a Comment