Davis got his first full on sunday outfit. He looks like such a big boy. We had an interesting Sunday today. Why is it that my kids chose sunday to be on their absolute WORST behavior! Every sunday without fail we get up and they are automatically wreched. And trying to take them to church when they are like this is a joke. A big fat joke. We have to sit out in the halls the whole time wresting them and stopping Davis from stealing some other kids cracker and keep rylie from taking her dress off and running naked all while trying to teach my children reverence. I don't think so. I don't know how my mom did it with 6 of us all under the age of 8. Half the time Mike just ends up taking the baby home about 20 minutes into sacrament meeting. And then I feel horrible for sitting in the church feeling so negative and angry and frustrated. And I've tried it all.....quiet books, snacks, crayons, books, games. Oh it entertains them for about 1 minute. I know this will all pass. They have to get older. But in the mean time can I just be excused from church until they do? I'm trying to teach my children that this is where we are suppose to be but I think it's goint to drive me crazy. And pretty much everyone I know knows how I feel about my primary calling.....ya....that doesn't help the situation. And I know I'm not the only mom who feels like this. There are super moms who take all thier young children and sit in the front row and keep them in there the whole time. My respect goes out to you, now will you teach me your patients and mothering skills? Days like this just reassure my feelings towards spacing my kids out. I think I'll be ready for another one in about 5 years.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Sunday Best
Davis got his first full on sunday outfit. He looks like such a big boy. We had an interesting Sunday today. Why is it that my kids chose sunday to be on their absolute WORST behavior! Every sunday without fail we get up and they are automatically wreched. And trying to take them to church when they are like this is a joke. A big fat joke. We have to sit out in the halls the whole time wresting them and stopping Davis from stealing some other kids cracker and keep rylie from taking her dress off and running naked all while trying to teach my children reverence. I don't think so. I don't know how my mom did it with 6 of us all under the age of 8. Half the time Mike just ends up taking the baby home about 20 minutes into sacrament meeting. And then I feel horrible for sitting in the church feeling so negative and angry and frustrated. And I've tried it all.....quiet books, snacks, crayons, books, games. Oh it entertains them for about 1 minute. I know this will all pass. They have to get older. But in the mean time can I just be excused from church until they do? I'm trying to teach my children that this is where we are suppose to be but I think it's goint to drive me crazy. And pretty much everyone I know knows how I feel about my primary calling.....ya....that doesn't help the situation. And I know I'm not the only mom who feels like this. There are super moms who take all thier young children and sit in the front row and keep them in there the whole time. My respect goes out to you, now will you teach me your patients and mothering skills? Days like this just reassure my feelings towards spacing my kids out. I think I'll be ready for another one in about 5 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh,Andrea. I am so sorry and I can totally feel your frustration! I just want you to know that whoever you are referring to sitting on the front row with angel children doesn't exist. We've all been there and are still there! It does get better, but in the mean time, just keep doing what you are doing. I know it's hard not to feel too frustrated, but you are teaching invaluable lessons to your kids. Pray for help and talk to your kids during the week about how they are supposed to act at church. Have FHEs on reverence and reward them for good behavior. Talk to Rylie and tell her that she has to be your helper to try to get DAvis to be reverent. Tell her that he doesn't know how to be reverent and that he likes to copy what she does. So, if she does a good job being reverent and is a good example to him, then she can get a treat or some sort of reward. I know it can be so aggravating...hang in there. You'll be blessed for your efforts!:)
Andrea that's so frustrating, I give you props just for trying! Just think of all the blessings you're racking up by bringing the kids to church :)
oh and p.s., Davis looks adorable!
How does Rylie do in the nursery?
Thanks soo much for dinner the other night. You guys are awesome! Lets do breakfast soon- or just hang out or whatever. I'm so happy to be back!
Post a Comment