(This picture is after we took her to a professional and had it cleaned up.) So I was in the kitchen making lunch and she comes wondering in and says "Mommy, I look like a princess!" I turned around and she had huge chunks of hair gone. I had no words. I just stared in disbelief. There was one chunk in the back of her head that was literally cut 2 inches from her scalp.....sticking straight up. I looked in the bathroom and the entire floor was covered in hair. Long hair. It was down to the middle of her back before it was chopped. I knew I should have taken pictures of it before it was fixed, I took some on me cell phone to send to my mom. But I did bust out the video camera to capture this lovely moment. I then immediately took her to a salon to get it fixed. I knew they were going to have to shave her head or something. I did not see any way of salvaging it. I didn't really say a whole lot to Rylie, like I said, I had no words. I just took her into the salon, (by the way, its called Cookie Cutters, I suggest it to anyone who has kids. Its a kids haircutting place with cars and motorcycles for them to sit in while they cut and each station has its own tv for them to watch. And they get a balloon with a cute cookie cutter and a sucker tied to it.) Apparently they get customers like me all the time. So they knew what to do. Unfortunately they could not make it look very cute due to the extremely short piece in the back. When they were done, I hated it. Not that they didn't do a good job, there just wasn't a whole lot to save. So there you have it. And thats not the worst part of the story.....we are getting our family pictures taken next Wednesday. lovely.
I guess we'll just have to make due with hats until it grows out a little. GOSH!!!!!

7 comments:
Oh my gosh!!!! I'm just laughing thinking about you standing there stunned- it's so tragic, yet pretty funny at the same time! At LEAST it is winter time and she can wear little cute beanies like the adorable one in the picture (We still need to make flowers, btw!) and it looks really cute from the front and sides, so your family pictures will still be great! that little Rylie though, she sure knows how to keep you on your toes!
hahahah That is awesome!!! I think she looks darling with the short hair, but I guess I would, because I have short hair and I love it. Give it a few weeks and you will be laughing about it too. I am so glad I have a boy! Watch now my next one will be a girl, and she will do the same thing. well good luck with that. I have some great info for you, I get it to you in a bit.
atleast it wasn't her bangs! I did that a few times when I was little... Vak probably won't call her Mogely now. she still is soo cute!
Oh Andrea, at least Rylie's hair looks fine from the front! Honestly, the pictures are still going to turn out fantastic. Don't fret!
LOL, well at least your life is never boring!! I actually think her hair looks super cute, kind of a Katie Holmes look- plus at least its lower maintainance than long hair! I'm sure that was traumatic for you though, hopefully you can laugh about it soon :)
Pretty sure it runs in the family anyway (you, katie, jamie, now rylie!). No worries, Teen is a great photographer, you won't be able to notice it.
Sorry to laugh at your trouble, but I was cracking up! She still looks so proud of herself even after it was fixed. Good thing she is darling no matter how long her hair is. The new do is adorable, but I can understand wanting it long, it was really cute. I can still picture her in my room, "Umm where is your little baby gonna sleep, I think your little baby will be a little bit scared!" So cute!
Post a Comment