Tuesday, October 20, 2009

no visitors

So there is a new nation wide policy that went into effect this month that are to be absolutely no visitors in the hospital when you have a baby. No moms, sisters, nothing. Only the husband is allowed in the room. Not even your other kids can go in. It's all because of this swine flu epidemic. I am super bummed about all this! So this means my mom can come out here but can't even see me or hold the baby untill I'm discharged from the hospital. My kids can't even come in the room to see the new baby. They can only look through the glass and see the baby in the nursery. I have a doctors appt tomorrow and I'm going to get more details about it but I have heard from several people that this is really happening. I guess your mom can be with you during labor but as soon as the baby is about to come out they have to leave. I'm so sad! Getting visitors is one of my favorite parts! It's such a special time and its really fun to share with with family and friends. I guess waiting til you get home will have to be good enough. I'll get more information tomorrow and update. But as far as I know, the hospital is closed off to everyone!

4 comments:

Bre said...

What! Heck no! I'm sure we'll be cleared by our April deliveries though...the flu season should be over by then...right...?

MSorenson said...

I love your family pics! You are lucky to have such a talented sis in law. It is a bummer that people can't visit the hospital.

Tanya said...

Joaquin was born on the 1st of this month. Our two older kids came into see him in the morning and went home for lunch. The nurse came in after lunch and told us the hospital was starting a new policy of no child visitors, so I didn't get to see Rique and Rora until I was discharged four days later. It was a little sad not seeing them for so long, but very good rest.

Anonymous said...

I just heard on the radio that the hospital where Zach works and where I will be having the baby is only doing it for NICU babies. I'll ask my doctor today though.