Friday, October 9, 2009

sick day


Today has been interesting. We woke up this morning and I was feeling pretty good so I decided to clean my house, which was in desperate need of some attention. After I was done I was feeling pretty sick. I tried to eat and to no avail, I felt worse. So I fed the kids lunch and put them down for naps and had a relaxing afternoon of doing nothing. When the kids woke up I was still feeling pretty bad. Michael informed me that he was going fishing with a buddy and I knew I had the rest of the afternoon to battle these kids. When I'm sick, their behavior is awful. They know they aren't getting attention so they turn on "turbo irritate mom mode". I had to think fast because I knew I didn't want to spend the afternoon yelling. So I set up the kids tent in the family room and turned on a new movie, "Monsters vs Aliens" and let them watch it in the tent. They sure had fun and I still got to lay down. It worked out pretty good. now of only I could fix dinner.....I'd say that's not going to happen.

1 comment:

amber {and co.} said...

Andrea you're a genius... I hope I'm that creative when I'm going on my third kid! I wish I was there to help you out with your cute kiddos, I miss them and you :(