Wednesday, June 9, 2010
RSV???
Don't worry, leave it to the Tao's to contract any freak illness out there. We found out today that Olivia has RSV. Seriously you ask. Oh yes. She has been super sick and has had a really bad cough but the every time I called the nurses at her doctor's office they told me she was probably fine and to get a humidifier and suck her nose out. But my super mommy instincts told me otherwise. I called for probably the fourth time and asked for an appointment and went in and the doctor knew right away that it was RSV. He was shocked because RSV season is way over. So he sent us over to the hospital to get her lungs suctioned out. That was heartbreaking. I had to hold her down while they put tubes down her nose into her lungs! We have to go back everyday and do that for the next week. If her oxygen levels drop below a certain point then she has to be admitted, so lets hope that doesn't happen. Poor baby! This is the second time I've been told by retarded nurses that everything was fine when I knew better, last time it was Davis and he ended up have salmonella poisoning. I thought I was in the clear to take her out and about...apparently not! I'm not taking this kid out for a very long time now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
that's terrible!
Man, that is scary. I guess that gives me more reason to keep Benjamin in for a while. I hope you survive this next week!!
Post a Comment