And now It's Davis's turn to get recognised! Today is his third birthday!! I would now like to take more time to tell his birth story...
My pregnancy with Davis was a little different. He was a TOTAL surprise. I was out with some girlfriends because we were just about to move and I wasn't feeling very good. They thought it would be fun to take some pregnancy tests. I KNEW I wasn't pregant, we were using birth control and so I was 100% sure I wasn't. I decided to play along and prove to these girls that I was not prego. I took the first test and it was positive....and so was the second and third. I was in complete shock. Then I realised that my period WAS about two weeks late. Woops. I guess I wasn't paying attention because of the drama of moving. I went from speechless to crying, to laughing, to crying and then to scared. Not necissarliy happy about it at first. Soon after finding out, we moved away from all family and emotional stability and moved to Pleasant Grove. This was the first time in my life that I lived away from my family so I was a wreck. I was only sick for a few weeks and so I knew something had to be different. When we found out it was a boy, only then did I start to get excited about another baby. Things were pretty much uneventful from there. I didn't dilate with this baby and had no false labor. But my doctor told me he was going to be over 10 lbs if I waited until I was due to deliver so they decided to induce 12 days early. I went into the hospital early in the morning after a very sleepless night and got going on my pitocin. I got my epidural right away I didn't really feel any contractions....until his head started coming down. I knew exactly what it was. Then I was dying. The doctor came in and his head was starting to crown. My epidural was wearing off and I could feel EVERYTHING. They didn't want to give me anymore so I could push effectively, but I reminded them that I pushed out a 9 lb baby with a full epidural in 2 pushes. At this point they had me on oxygen because his heart rate dropped and then is was a blur from there, they had to get him out right then. I pushed twice I think and he was out. The cord was wrapped around his neck twice and that's why his heart rate was dropping. He got handed off to the resuscitation team so they could get him breathing correctly. I didn't even get to hold him for about an hour. He was a big boy too! 8lbs 6 oz, at 12 days early....he just might have been around 10 lbs if we waited til I was due! He was a sweet baby right from the start. I could tell he was different from Rylie immediately. I felt the same way about my second baby as I did about my first. Just pure amazement. Davis is a very sensitive little boy. Very tenderhearted and sweet. He's easy to make laugh and easy to make cry. :) He is such a joy to have in our family. I find myself just watching him in amazement as he tells me these elaborate stories with his awesome imagination. He is so much fun to watch talk because he has these facial expressions that really tell the story. He's so entertaining. His imagination is off the charts and I love encouraging him to think big and have fun. We are very blessed to have this little boy to add some blue and boyish charm to all the girlyness. (even thought he's a littel bit girly, but that's okay!) Here are some pictures from the day he was born.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, cute boy! We love you. I never realized how similar he and Taylor looked as newborns. HOpe you guys had a great day.
Happy Birthday Davis! He's a keeper for sure :)
Post a Comment