Tuesday, August 31, 2010

miseries and wos

This post is a whole lot of venting and I have a headache at the moment so I don't know how uplifting it will be. You might a good laugh though. We made it into our new place. It was not easy and not fun. I told Mike last night that this is the most stress I have ever had at one time in my whole life. I am a single mom right now, what's new? And so I have had to do this whole move pretty much by myself. And let me remind you that I still have a newborn and two crazy kids. Rylie started kindergarten, Davis started preschool, I had to spend my days moving boxes of stuff over to the new place while the baby slept so I was exhausted every day. Then we did the whole move on Saturday and that was a nightmare, as it always is. Luckily we had some help from our good friends. And that night we had a ward activity, which we were in charge of helping with since we're on the activities committee. So we had to go early and set up and stay late and clean up...... with a screaming baby. Then we had some massive cleaning and painting to do at the other place which I had no time for because we are going to Boston for my sisters wedding on Thursday and my mother-in-law is watching the kids so I had to have this place in order before we left. I can't do anything while the baby is awake and my husband is never ever ever ever home. Can you say overwhelmed?? I sure can!!! I was seriously considering hiring a cleaning service to clean the other place when my mom tells me she "hired" my brother Pete to go over and clean for me. Hallelujah!!!! So he did that yesterday and Mike and I spent 3 hours after the kids went to bed last night painting and doing last minute clean ups. I was in the guest bathroom wiping the sink out and I looked around at the walls and just started balling. I spent hours and hours and hours in that stupid bathroom with that stupid stain trying to get it to look good. And I had to leave it. Oh man I was so tired and emotional. It's just plain sad what happened with that place. We did the walk through today with the owners and everything went okay. Now I can focus more on this new place. I have one more day to get unpacked and I am beyond past my breaking point with my kids and everything. I feel like they have been on their worst behavior with everything going on. It's so hard to have patience with them when I'm so overwhelmed. So after I get this place in order I have to pack and go out of town. It might be a nice break from the kids though. Tonight I made soup for dinner and both, yes both kids managed to spill their entire bowls all over the floor. You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!! And I woke up this morning with an awful cold. Probably from the stress and germs from cleaning. Oh!! And I started watching a friend of mines kids yesterday! She got a job teaching kindergarten and asked me to watch her kids two days a week....so I started that yesterday. So I've had two extra kids all day to add to the madness. And Today on our way home the park a miserable old lady who lives below us walked up to me and yelled at me because my kids drew with sidewalk chalk on the sidewalk in front of her house and she was very upset that they threw some toys off the balcony onto the dirt in front of her window she told me "I needed to discipline my kids better and teach them that they can't act like that" Hey lady!!! Go take your handicapped sticker out of your car and go jump off a cliff! And take your fake turquoise flowers you have sticking in the dirt in front of your window with you. My kids need room to throw their toys! Bad time to mess with me you miserable old hag! I'm going to go tell Rylie to go draw a big picture in sidewalk chalk right on her front door. I just can't even tell you how tired and sick and overwhelmed I am right at this very moment. I'm going to go take a bath

2 comments:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

Oh man, Andrea. If I was around, I would totally volunteer to help you! Either by watching your kids, helping you pack/unpack, clean or whatever! It sounds to me like you need a "breather" moment. Call one of your girlfriends and tell them to watch your kids for an afternoon. It really helps. Man...I am so sorry though :( I thought what I was going through was rough! Man...consider this a big virtual hug!!! *HUUUUUGGGGG!!!!*

Just the 3 of us said...

I'm so sorry! I hope you have a better day today. Sandy is NOT that far away so anytime you need me, dont hesitate :)