Why did I do this again? That is the question in my mind at the moment. :) I had to beat my time, that's what I keep telling my self. My goal for this race was to break 2 hours and I finished in 1 hour 59 minutes. Mission accomplished. I have to say though, when I crossed that finish line I was about 2 seconds from passing out. I almost fell over. Pure exhaustion. Above is a picture of a few of us on the bus to the starting line, I am mid sentence saying "why isn't the camera working?" as it went off. Below is us waiting to start. It was freeeezing so we stood by the fires until it started.
My sister Katie and I after we finished
My friend Liz, she ran this race pregnant, so she gets the gold star.
And here is Ashley and me. She did so good! I knew she could do it. I pushed her to do it when she thought about backing out....I hope she's glad I did......I hope
These races are always such great experiences. They are an amazing accomplishment and they really prove what you are capable of. Even though I have massive blisters and my toes and I sorta feel like death right now. I'm glad I did it and reached my goal. I think I'm pretty cool for that and I don't even feel bad about bragging.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congrats on a great day. Races sometimes can be "no fun" and it DOES become about the journey to get to the starting line and the accomplishment of just that. I am so proud of my girls. Who would have thought! Two star runners! Way to go!!
ashley is very glad you made her do this! ;)
You can totally brag. You rock!
Post a Comment