Tuesday, September 18, 2012
5 hours in L&D
Of course this week couldn't go by uneventful. That would be booooring. We like to keep things spicy around here. Again, please excuse any graphic details, I will try not to gross anyone out. I suggest to any guys thinking about reading this.... just don't. A few days ago I was experiencing some bleeding so I went to the hospital to get checked out, I was there for an hour and the baby was totally fine and they blamed the bleeding on my cervix dilating and effacing and said if it gets worse to come back. Well today it got worse. Way worse. I went in and got checked out and had a series of tests done to try and find the cause of the bleeding. I got a catheter put in without being numbed which was an awesome experience........wonderful! So unbelievably painful. And unnecessary in my opinion, but why not make things more difficult than they need to be?? Of course we should. Then I had an ultra sound and everything looked peachy. No problems, baby looked awesome, fluids looked awesome and no source of the bleeding could be found. But it still wouldn't stop. So they hooked me back up to the monitors and the OB on call came in to talk to me. She said they weren't sure what was causing the bleeding but couldn't let me leave until it stopped or slowed down. She said they would just induce me if the baby were full term....which is next week. But since he's not they can't risk it. So she said I had to stay and watch the bleeding for the next few hours. Glorious! It didn't show any signs of stopping or slowing down. They did more tests and I did more waiting. After 5 HOURS of being there, they said they didn't know what was causing it but didn't want to keep me there any longer. They sent me home with instructions to watch the bleeding and come in if it doesn't stop by tomorrow. REALLY??? Thanks for those instructions. The doctor said I should be on bed rest but that it was up to my doctor, who I have an appointment with in the morning. So it was an exhausting day to say the least. I'm so grateful for awesome friends who could take my kids at the last minute and reassure me that they were being taken care of. I'm hoping hoping hoping my doctor doesn't put me on bed rest tomorrow. I will just die. DIE!! He's so close to being here and bed rest would be the worst. Even if it's just a few weeks, I would rather enjoy my last few weeks of pregnancy then have to sit and do nothing, thinking about how miserable I am. Positive thoughts!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Silly babies, and bodies, like to play tricks on us before they arrive!
Hope all is still well, and that you don't have to go on bed rest! Good luck! Sending happy thoughts your way!
Post a Comment