
I saw these cool glitter ball on a Martha Stewart Christmas special and I thought they
looked pretty easy so I decided to give them a try. Ya, the magic of television is quite
deceiving. They weren't to hard, but kinda time consuming. Here's how to create these
sparkly wonders-
Needed:
String
small balloons
glitter
Elmer's glue diluted with water
Step 1- Get small balloons and blow them up, not to big, just so they're round, and cover it with Pam
Step 2- Tie string to the top of the balloon and put some Elmer's glue at the bottom and start wrapping the string tightly around the balloon. (hint: I found out the hard way that its way easier if you coat the string in glue before you start wrapping it so it has something to hold it to the balloon, otherwise it will keep slipping off.)
Step 3- When balloon is covered with string (you can do as little or as much as you want but it holds up a lot better if you do more) brush on glue all over the string
Step 4- LET IT DRY COMPLETELY!!! I am notorious for being totally impatient when it comes to letting things dry, but if you don't it will get ruined quickly. I popped one to early and it collapses. I gave them a few hours in front of a space heater to be sure. Pop the balloon and the string stays in a ball shape. Cut balloon out. There will be some extra glue in the spaces but it just flakes off.

Step 5- Brush on more glue all over string and roll in glitter. Let dry again for another half hour or so.
Wa La!
7 comments:
I LOVE them! thanks for taking the time to do the step by step. you should do more tutorials!
Ok, that is pretty dang cool. I am not a crafty person but I think I could manage something like that.
VERY VERY cute! I am totally inspired...those could be cute on a tree too! I just might have to do this little craft..hmmmm
Those turned out really cute! Nice job! I used to be cool and do stuff like that. Now I am not cool and I just get to tell people how cool they are!:)
Wow! Those are beautiful! So very home-maker of you ;)
so cute! You really are Martha Stewart :) thanks for putting up the instructions!
ooo, so nice, you really should do tutorials more often! It's great seeing all the pictures and hearing the snags you ran into- cute stuff!
Post a Comment