Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Cabin Fever
I have been stuck in my house for over a week now. I haven't even moved my car from its frozen parking spot in my driveway. I am so sick of my little front room! It's rather claustrophobic when you have been in it for 10 straight days. I need more ideas of things to entertain kids. I have read every book we have over and over, played with every toy, done everything imaginable to keep my kids away from the TV. I don't have a problem with watching TV but I hate having it on for more than a few hours a day. It just stresses me out. And I don't want the TV raising my children, sometimes, not all the time. :) I hate feeling so isolated!!! But I almost hate driving in the snow even more. I remember feeling like this 2 winters ago when we first moved here from St. George. I hated it. And I was barely pregnant and all hormonal and lonely and depressed, blah blah. I feel similar to that but I'm not even pregnant! I don't have an excuse! I swear the snow just brings you down sometimes. And I don't have anywhere to go even if I did get the kids all dressed in socks and shoes, hair brushed, jackets on, snacks and sippies packed, myself showered and dressed and hair brushed and a little makeup on, I don't have any where to go, don't have money to go shopping and my kids don't behave anyway. So here we sit, waiting....counting down the hours till bedtime then starting all over the next day. Why in the world do we live in Utah?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
wow. depressed much?
Thats what Girls Nights are for!
Oh Andrea, I am so with you on this! Seasonal depression is a b@#$% (and totally a real thing- I get it every winter!) As soon as my stupid car gets fixed I'm coming over for some fun :)
Bummer, I hate the snow. It will melt and the tulips will start coming up! That was always my favorite thing about Utah.
come over!
Post a Comment