Tuesday, February 23, 2010

35 weeks

I had my 35 week apt today and the dr checked me and said "I can't believe you haven't gone into labor yet! You are dilated to 2 cm and 90% effaced!" Holy cow! I wasn't really surprised though, with all the contractions I've been having. But she can't come out yet! She needs another few weeks to really be ready to come out, not just for my sake but for hers too. But I've heard this song and dance before... my dr with Rylie would tell me every apt after 34 weeks that I would go into labor that day and did it happen.....no. She was a day late. I was walking around dilated to 5 and would NOT go into labor, it was so frustrating. So I kinda take what they say with a grain a salt because I've heard it all before. Although I do know that every pregnancy is different, so it could happen. We'll just have to wait and see! In the mean time I am not allowed any physical activity for the next two weeks, which I guess is good news because we have our big ward activity this weekend and it looks like I won't have to be doing anything!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! It does sound like you're ready to go! I think it's nice when a doctor tells you to do as little as possible! Good luck with everything and can't wait to see pictures of your new little one!

Just the 3 of us said...

Awesome! Let me know if you need any help missy! I can totally take your kids off your hands!!