Monday, March 28, 2011
What? Did you say being a mom is hard?
I love my silly, crazy, busy, stressful, happy life. I am the mom of three children and that is HARD WORK! I'm lucky if I get a shower every day. I try not to compare myself to anyone else or anyone elses parenting abilities or how someone can keep their house spotless, even with kids, and cook dinner every night and be a size 0 AND be a coupon clipper!!! Come on! People amaze me!! I enjoy TRYING to live my life like this so I can be motivated to be a better person, so I am grateful for people who are like this. Just know that I will never be like this because I......don't want to. That's the best answer I can come with. Am I concerned that I'm not like that? Nope. That sounds exhausting. I am not that great of a cook, I wipe my kids snot and poop all day, I do work out a lot and am a pretty small size but I still have stretch marks like every other mom and someday will be getting a boob job. I love teaching my kids things but do they always like to sit down with me and practice writing letters or reading words, heck no! They throw fits about it like every other kid and I have to bribe them with jelly beans on a daily basis. Do my kids watch a ton of tv....sometimes, but it's mostly Noggin so it's educational with no commercials! My house is clean for maybe 10 minutes out of the entire day. If you come over to my house and it looks clean, it's because I knew you were coming over and I cleaned like a mad woman and you'll probably find things stuffed in my pantry to get out of site. Am I a perfect wife? Heck no. I try to be, but my husband has to help me with the laundry, the dishes, and whatever else I ask him to do because I can't do it all on my own. My hair is thin, so I wear extensions because it's fun. When I feel like my skin is pale, I put on self tanner because it makes me look freakin sexy. :) When I am upset I cry. When I am overwhelmed I take a break and get away from my kids. I have bad "mommy" days probably once a week. My husband and I are in therapy. We have problems. I have to check and make sure my sliding glass door is closed before I need to raise my voice at my kids. But I love my life. I think I am beautiful. I read to my kids every day. I have family night with my family every week....almost. We go to church every Sunday, even if I walk the halls the entire time and my feet hurt because of the stupid cute heels I chose to wear. I teach my kids how to cook, about music, about animals, about being silly, about how to be a good friend, about loving one another, about Jesus, about everything I can! I don't try to appear as a perfect, stereotypical, Utah Mormon mommy. At all. And it's okay if your are, more power to ya. I just feel like we shouldn't stress and compare ourselves to people who we feel like are a little better at something than we are. Because chances are, they envy and admire something that you do and wish they could be like you! But I am a mommy who tries to be great at what I do because I chose to do it.....but mostly ends up laughing my way through life at how far from perfect I am. It's okay to be real and say that our job is hard and not always fun or glamorous! And it's okay to blog about it! But I do however do one thing perfectly, thats texting while giving my baby a bottle, while making dinner, while getting my kids out of the tub, while changing the laundry. Did it last night. I'm awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Two thumbs up for this post and everything about it :)
Andrea:
Mom told me you had a blog. My first time here. Although I admit I don't understand putting personal items out there for the whole world to see. But I am old. And I don't have a Facebook page. And I don't know how to Twitter.
But this is a great post. You are a great mother and a great person. Oh, and one last comment. Don't get a boob job.
Love Dad.
"don't get a boob job" love, dad. you're dad sounds awesome! haha, yes honesty is the best policy. perfect is boring.
was this post for me?? :) You are great, thanks for writing it, I love how you've always been a "real" sounding board for me. Thanks for letting me call you and vent. And thank you for being the friend you are. And thank you to your dad for the boob job comment, love it. :)
-Treen
i love how honest this post is andrea! it was great spending some time with you guys over the weekend.. lets do it more!
You are a great mom and could definitely teach me a few things!
Post a Comment