Thursday, August 27, 2009

Big boy

He's not so sure about this. My goal is to have him potty trained by the time the baby gets here. I absolutely HATE potty training. My personal hell would be stuck potty training children. It took me an entire year to potty train Rylie. She would do really good and then decide to pee on the floor for a week straight, and then do really good, and then pee on the floor. It was mind bogglingly frustrating because I knew she knew how to do it, she just chose not to and I hated that. I tried treats, charts, singing pottys, making her sit in it, you name it. I was talking to a friend and she said when she was potty training her 3 year old daughter and she would pee in her pants she would throw her in a cold shower with her clothes on and she learned pretty quick that she doesn't choose to pee in her pants. She only did that after months and months of trying to get her to stay dry. So the thought of potty training another child isn't very appealing to me. But neither is buying two boxes of diapers at a time. So I am starting to introduce the big boy potty. He is kinda scared of it but I do some bribing with some skittles. So I got him to sit on it but he didn't pee yet. So hopefully I can get him to want to use it. And Rylie gets a treat too if she helps him go so that should help a little. I really don't want to do this but it's just the next step in childhood so I have to get ready.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jonah loves peeing in the toilet, but I'm not ready to completely dive in to training him yet. Just because he likes to use it, doesn't mean it's going to be easy. He still doesn't get the concept of it. So Good luck! I know I will be buying twice the amount of diapers for a while.