Sunday, August 9, 2009

Todays thoughts

I decided to make a roast today in my crock pot and that was a bad idea. I had to smell it cooking all day so when it came time to eat it, I wanted nothing to do with it. So I will not be eating roast for the rest of this pregnancy. Guaranteed. That's frustrating for me because I can't cook anything without smelling it, which makes me not want to eat it. The only thing that makes me feel better is ice cold water. But then I just have to pee all day. Last night I peed 6 times. I heard from a friend in my ward that I should try drinking pure molasses. It's suppose to have lots of iron which will help with being so tired. She also said to drink red raspberry leaf tea to help with morning sickness. I'll give them a try and see what happens. I'm willing to try anything, this is my third time around and I still haven't figured it out. One thing that cheered me up today was while we were at the park Davis came and sat by me and said "Mom, you drive me insane." I could not stop laughing. I say that to my kids jokingly all the time so he decided it was time for a little retaliation. I'm just trying to stay positive and think of all the fun new stuff I'm going to buy. I already have a list of things I want so I'm checking KSL for them everyday. I am trying to find all the "no bull crap" baby items that are truly the best, the highest rated and highest recommended things. I have used lots of good things and lots of not so good things. We can only learn from our mistakes right? Here are a couple of items on my wishlist.







This wonder is called the Fisher Price Papasan cradle swing, starlight edition. It is suppose to be the best swing out there. It swings side to side and front to back and has a cute starlight mobile that has little stars that go in circles. And it plugs into the wall, huge plus. So adorable.

And this is called the Rain Forrest jumperoo. One of my friends had one of these when Davis was a baby and he loved it! He was entertained for hours. I highly recommend it.



And this jewel is called the Sit N Stand stroller. I have a nice jogging double stroller, but this one takes the cake. My same friend had this stroller and I swore with the next kid I would buy one. Whats great about it is one kid, usually the younger kid sits in front while the other can sit or stand in the back on the platforms. Even two kids can fit in the back. And you can put a baby car seat in the front. Its great because its not so long like regular double strollers so its easier to steer. I just love it.


And this is called a co sleeper. It sets up right up against your bed like a continuation of your own bed so you don't have to reach over the sides like you would with a bassinet or pack and play. I personally think its way more practical than a bassinet because you don't have to get out of bed, or even sit up, to get the baby. Genius.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Nice. I'll just let you test out everything and then tell me which products are good. That co-sleeper looks awesome. I'm not sure how long I'm going to stand this bassinet... p.s. - My sis in law Rachel was saying that after you left her work on Sat, everyone was talking about how you were their favorite person who gave massages. Cool huh? Though you might like that :)

Terri Lindsay said...

I totally have that cradle swing. Not the star light edition, the 3 years ago edition, it looks almost the same. Kellen loved it, that is where he slepped every night for 3 months, because he didn't like his bed. I LOVED it.

MSorenson said...

I love, love, love our jumperoo. We have the exact same one and it is awesome. Both kids loved it.