Sunday, August 2, 2009

two little pink lines










My name is Andrea Tao and I am the most fertile woman alive. YES! I'm expecting our 3rd baby! We are so excited and so blessed that we can get pregnant so easy. I am very very very lucky, and I am completely aware of that. The way we found out was pretty funny. I wasn't feeling all that great for a few days but our family was passing around a weird stomach bug so I just thought I was getting sick. When I started getting sick because of strong smells I knew something might be up. And then I couldn't even take a shower without covering "the girls". I took a test and the first pink line was so faint I could barely see it so I ran over to my neighbor/ really good friends house and asked her what she thought. She said she could see the line but that I should wait a few more days and take another one. Let me remind you that I'm still about 9 days away from missing my period.....I know, I'm really impatient! So I waited a few more days and while Mikey was out getting pizza I took another one (seen above) and the first pink line came up right away. I was in shock. I just stared at the 2 pink lines for about 10 minutes. Waves of different emotions came over me and ended on total excitement. So anyway, while Michael was still out getting pizza I hurried and crafted a little banner that said "Congrats Daddy!" and taped it to our headboard. When he got home I had to wait until he went in there, and he did, several times and didn't see the sign! So I finally stood in the doorway and waiting for him to look at it. He totally didn't get it. He's like "Congrats for what? What did I do?" I just started laughing until the light bulb finally turned on and he figured it out. He was so excited! We spent the rest of the evening talking about dues dates, maternity clothes and when to tell people. I also gave him a run down of how hard this is going to be. I reminded him how sick I will get and I will never want to cook and how I will be mean, and how I will really need his help. He could not have been more supportive. He reassured me that he is ready for this and will help out as much as possible. Always a good thing to hear. I really am very excited. I'm going to try and stay as positive as possible throughout this whole experience. I'm still so shocked that the test came up positive so soon. I must have really strong HCG hormones.....or I'm having twins! No, no, lets not joke like that. We were so surprised we got pregnant so fast with all the cycts going on and everything, we didn't know how easy it was going to be. So once again we embark on this 9 month journey. I'm more prepared than I've ever been so thats a plus. So bring it on. Here we go. '

After we took these pictures he told me "I tried to look as happy as a could!"

Ps. David and Lisa, you have 1 month!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! CONGRATS!!! so how far along are you? 3 weeks?!! are you two ready to be out numbered?

Amanda said...

Hooray! Congrats! When are you due? This is very exciting!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!..and good luck!! yes, how far along are you???

Leanne said...

WOAH!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! Totally unexpected. Congrats you two!!

MSorenson said...

Congrats again, why didn't you put the picture of Davis up? Good luck! Can't wait to find out what you're having.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! We were hoping that you would wait a little bit longer...but challenge accepted!

Bethany said...

Congrats!! I love the pic of you two so excited :)

Jay & Tammi Roberts said...

Congrats mama, that is some exciting news! April seems so far away! I bet Mike is so excited!