Wednesday, August 5, 2009

sharing the news

I always like to know how people tell their families they are expecting. I have even googled it before. This time was pretty fun. With my mom I have actually been setting it up for the past two years. I always text her "Guess what!!" whenever I have any news to share and she always thinks I'm pregnant....every single time. And when I share the news that doesn't have anything to do with being pregnant she always laughs. So this time I knew I had to do the text thing. I texted her "Guess what!!" And told her that we had just paid off another credit card, which was true, and she was so excited for us. Then I texted "And I'm pregnant" and waited for her to call me. I waited a half hour with no phone call and finally I called her and she totally seemed all normal. So we talked for a while and I finally said, "did you not get my second text?" and she said no so I told her to go check her phone and she did and then came the total freak out. She was so excited. She just didn't see that she had another text!!! So my two year set up totally failed miserably. But it turned out pretty funny. For my in laws we waited another week to tell them because we were trying to think of some funny way to do it. I was going to send flowers to Linda with a card saying "Looking forward to meeting you in April, love baby Tao." But I didn't want to wait that long. So we ended up making a shirt for Davis that said "I'm the big brother" and took a picture of him and sent it mixed in with some other pictures of the kids and ended with a picture of my positive pregnancy test and emailed it to my mother and sister in law and waited for them to get the hint. Michele got it right away and called that evening but we had to wait all the way til the next night to get a call from Linda. She said her computer wasn't working well and was taking forever loading the pictures but eventually she got it. They both thought it was weird that we told them through an e mail but I thought it was funny. So that's how we did it this time. I just wanted to write it down so I would remember.

No comments: