Thursday, February 17, 2011

Awkward and Awesome

This week in Tao news has a few reportable awkward and awesome moments that are worth sharing.

{awkward}
*having a friend point out that I was the only one wearing sunless tanner.....remember when putting on the sunless tanner was on my awesome list last week. Quickly turned awkward.
*having a friend tell me they only compliment my clothes and feel bad that they couldn't think of anything else to compliment me for......ha ha ha, I thought that was so funny. She is a sweetheart.
*One of my favorite comebacks is when someone says something like "I hate this restaurant" to say "You're a restaurant!"...don't ask why, I just find it funny because there's really nothing you can say in response. So a friend said something like "It looks like a big fat lady" so I said, "you're a big fat....." and quickly stopped myself, it just doesn't work in that setting. Luckily the friend I was saying it to has a great sense of humor and got the joke. Similarly, my sister in law that I haven't seen in years told me I looked like I was on the starvation diet....so I said "You're a starvation diet"....she didn't get it and looked at me in pure confusion, I quickly changed the subject. Awkward!


{awesome}
*having an awesome Valentines with my hubs and FINALLY getting to tell him about this trip to California I've been planning for weeks. He was totally surprised and I loved every second of it.
*getting treated like royalty for the first time in an airport because we had kids, I've always been treated like everyone else, especially in the SLC airtport where everyone and there mom has kids. We were moved to the front of every line and I got to bring my bottle of formula through security!
*flying Jet Blue and having individual TV screens on the back of the seats so my kids could watch whatever they wanted, seriously a life saver.
*Going to the beach today and building sand castles, such a simple joy in life and taken for granted by those who actually live by the beach.
*getting to meet two new nephews this week! So exciting!
*and finally, being away from my dramatic stressful life in Utah and getting to spend 8 days here at home with my family and this glorious weather. A much needed break from life. I am not going back.

4 comments:

Liz & Zac said...

HAHA! "Your a big fat lady" that was awesome. Im assuming you were talking about me there. I am SSSSOOOO jealous you are in cali! Have a fabulous trip and remember to catch some rays for me!

Peter said...

of course everyones mom has kids

Peter said...

of course everyone's mom has kids

Peter said...

and...hahahaha