Wednesday, March 4, 2009
one bad day
Today has been one for the books. I still have strep so I'm not feeling to hot. This morning I was getting Rylie ready for preschool so I was going downstairs to get her clothes and I was carrying Davis. I slipped in the second stair and we both fell down the entire set of stairs. It was almost comical how we fell. Like a scene from a movie (but really not that funny)I think I dropped Davis and he fell pretty hard. I smacked my head and jammed my thumb and got rug burns on my arms. When we hit the bottom the only thing I could think of was "Did that seriously just happen?" Davis was scared and crying but I didn't think anything really happened to him. I checked for bumps and didn't see any. So we continued our morning of dropping Rylie off and going grocery shopping. It wasn't until We got home that he refused to walk on his right foot. So I called the doctor and went in and had some x rays done. The doctor told me he definitely thought his foot was broken. Poor kid. I probably landed right on it. But we just got the results and its not broken, just sprained pretty bad. So sad. So after all day in doctors offices I finally put him down for a nap and attempt to continue my project of making a new crib set for Davis's crib. I have the skirt done so I was trying to sew the bumper. I have had this sewing machine for 5 years and I have never had a problem with it. I'm not by any means a good seamstress but I can sew straight lines and use the machine pretty good. But I could not for the life of me get it to thread right. You know when its not threaded right and the back is all loose? Well I re threaded that thing over and over and over and over. For about an hour and gave up. I tried everything! I cannot get it to work. I'm so frustrated because I just wanted to get this done before we move and now I can't. I don't know how to fix it and I don't really have the time to take it anywhere to get fixed. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm desperate to get his project done! So now I'm taking a break, looking at my bruised hands and rug burned arms typing this. Sorta laughing, sorta crying.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Aw man! I'm so sorry. You last three posts were pretty crazy. I hope things pick up for you! But just think what a beautiful house you get to move into shortly :) honestly, when it rains it pours, right? Life can be pretty annoying. At least we have reality t.v. to get our minds off of things...
I don't even know what to say about the last week of your life! So sorry you are having such a bad time. Glad you will be leaving those stairs soon!
:( I'm so sorry! What an awful day (well, week, really!). Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I hope you feel better soon, you deserve it!
Post a Comment