Sunday, March 8, 2009

rabbit stew anyone?

IF YOU ARE A VEGETARIAN DO NOT READ!!!! This morning I woke up to the sound of the sink running and thought my husband was doing dishes in our completely torn apart kitchen. I walked out and saw blood everywhere. he was standing over the sink with a huge knife and black fur all over him. Yup, he killed one of our rabbits and was cutting it up to eat. You may think this is really morbid and strange.....if you've never met my husband. If you know him you know that's is not strange at all, in fact its expected of him. He has always wanted to eat a rabbit. The meat is suppose to be really good. And since we needed to get rid of the rabbits somehow he thought, why not bring out my inner hunter/gatherer instinct? So he cut it all up into little chunks and put it in the crock pot with some onions, carrots, and potatoes. We're having rabbit stew tonight! I'm a little grossed out, but at the same time curious to find out what it tastes like. I'll try everything once.

3 comments:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

Wow. That is VERY hardcore. How did it taste?? Your kids didn't see, did they!? That could be one of those traumatic childhood experiences! "One day...I woke up...and my dad had eaten my pet rabbit!" Haha! :)

Kimberly Ngarupe said...

i've never had rabbit, but all the guys in my dad's family go pheasant hunting the saturday after thanksgiving and we always have to lie to my sister and tell her that its chicken until after dinner is over.

amber {and co.} said...

Oh man I think I would freak out if I walked in on Cody slicing open a rabbit! Yucky! And I'm sure not so fun to clean up... How was it?? Oh and please tell me it wasn't pretty bunny!