Sunday, May 10, 2009

New FAVORITE french bread recipie

This bread is TO DIE FOR. It is so easy to make. And as I've mentioned before, I'm not the best bread maker. This is fail safe. It does take some forthought though because you have to let it rise over night but it is worth it. And all thats in it is flour, salt and water! Well, and yeast. Okay here it is:

*3 cups white flour
*1 1/4 teaspoons salt
*1 5/8 c room temp water (5/8 is between 1/2 and 3/4. I had to ask mike. :) )
*1/4 teaspoon quick rising yeast (I used the SAF intsant and it worked great.)

Mix together and the dough should be flaky and dry. Let sit over night with saran wrap over top of bowl. Dough should double in size and have bubbles on top when ready. Take dough and sprinkle with corn meal on all sides. The dough will deflate but thats okay because you need to let it sit for another 30 to 60 minutes to rise again. Preheat oven to 450. Use a oven safe bowl that has a lid (corningwear) and put the bowl in the oven while its preheating so its hot when you put the dough in. Put dough in hot bowl and cook with lid on for 25 min. Take lid off and cook another 5 to 10. Watch it and when the top is golden brown its done!

This bread is so moist and chewy, and the crust is amazing. It's literally the best french bread I've ever tasted. So try it. You'll love it! If you do try it, write me a comment and tell me how you like it.

No comments: