Monday, May 4, 2009

painting nightmare

Who thinks painting is a good idea? Raise your hand. I HATE PAINTING!! I just figured this out. I have never painted before and I thought it might be fun to paint my bedroom and bathrooms. Horrible, terrible idea. My bedroom actually turned out really good. But the bathroom is a nightmare. I chose this green color and got a sample to make sure I liked it and ended up not liking it so I decided to go with a nice, safe light tan color. You can't go wrong right? You would think!! So I picked the color from a swatch and got a gallon of it and started painting. As I started I thought "Hmmmm, this color looks funny, but I'll just keep painting and see if it drys different." It didn't dry different. It was way to light and had a slight pink tone to it. It was weird. So after I finished the entire bathroom I hated it. So I decided to get a dark glaze to see if I could darken it up. One huge mistake after another. It was awful! Whoever invented this stuff deserves the electric chair. Its so impossible to work with. It doesn't go on even and doesn't wipe off even. It just looks like a two year old spread glaze all over the walls and left it there. So I thought I was getting the hang of it and had to paint over the spots that didn't look so good, again, huge mistake. When I did the glaze over the parts I re-painted, it was a totally different color. I want to cry. I have been working on this stupid bathroom for 6 hours so far today and my arms are going to fall off. I absolutely hate it. The glaze is all over the ceiling and I'm going to have to tape it all off AGAIN and fix it. I have to re-paint the whole thing. So there is $45 waisted!! I can't return the paint or the glaze. I can't even post pictures because I'm to embarrassed. If you see the pictures you will just laugh and think "Wow, she really spent 2 days doing THAT!" I'm so upset. Michael got home from work and walked in and said "is what it's suppose to look like?" I just walked out and cried. With the taping, and the painting the edges, and the rolling, and touching up, its an exhausting ordeal that is hardly worth it and not rewarding in the slightest.

2 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

Oh man Andrea that's awful! I'm so sorry! We've spent the last two solid days prepping/priming/painting our house and all we've gotten done is the downstairs- it is EXHAUSTING work! I've decided next time it's worth hiring someone to do it! I still think you should post pictures, we've all been there and can relate :)

MSorenson said...

That stinks, send me pics, I won't laugh at you! Sorry it's such a nightmare.