Friday, February 13, 2009

Cheesecake filled chocolate covered strawberries

I make these for my hubby every Valentines day. They are super easy and really really good. Albertsons has there strawberries on sale for $2.99 a box. Pretty good. So all you need is strawberries, milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, cheesecake flavored jello pudding. When you make the jello, it asks for 2 cups of milk but only put in 1 3/4 cup so it will be thicker. First make the jello and have it chilling in the fridge, then take a wooden skewer and hollow out the strawberries from the top. You have to be really careful not to make holes, but the chocolate will help plug them if you do. Then you melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Dip strawberries in milk chocolate. Melt white chocolate the same way but add enough veg oil to make it runny. Use a spoon to drizzle over strawberries. Put in freezer for 5 minutes to harden. Put the jello in a zip lock bag and cut a small hole the corner. Fill strawberries with cheesecake pudding. And your done. They are gorgeous and delicious. It took me about a half hour to the whole thing.

3 comments:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

Wow! Those look SOOOO good! Too bad chocolate chips are $5.00 a bag, and strawberries are $9.00 for a small basket :( :( :(

MSorenson said...

They look really yummy. I totally don't understand how to make them though. I need more pictures or something. Maybe I will make them next year when I can actually eat dairy and enjoy one myself, how's that for selfish?!

amber {and co.} said...

Ooh those look deeeelicious! I'll have to give them a try!