So some of you know of our plans of buying a house. It has been in the works for about 4 months now. We've kept it kinda quiet because we didn't' really know if it was going to happen. (and still don't) I know what you're all thinking...."How the heck can those dirt poor people afford to buy a house?" That's what I said! But there are some interesting financing options out there that allow dirt poor people like ourselves to afford a house. My parents are helping out a lot as well. We are looking for seller financed contracts which is basically us buying the house directly from the owner instead of having to take out a mortgage. This works well if you can't get a mortgage. Like us. So we've been looking for a long time and this specific kind of financing is very difficult to find. So I put an ad on KSL classified that we were looking for this type of financing and I didn't get any calls on it.....until yesterday. This guy calls me and says he has a condo (which we weren't really interested in because we really wanted a backyard) that he wants to sell and is interested in seller financing. So I go over there by myself to look at it thinking that I wouldn't really like it because it was a condo. I absolutely fell in love. They are the Belle Monet luxury condos that just got built in Pleasant Grove about 9 months ago. They are GORGEOUS! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:



Granite Counter tops, brand new stainless steal appliances, huge master suite with a double sink and a jetted jacuzzi bathtub and a double walk in closet, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, underground parking, clubhouse with a pool, hot tub, gym, 2 huge playgrounds, theater room, you name it. It is so perfect. Here's my dilemma, right now we live a 1900 square foot, 4 bedroom 2 bath house. This place is maybe 1300 square feet and only 3 bedrooms. All 4 of our bedrooms are fully furnished and full of stuff. Plus we have an unfinished basement that has all of our food storage and other crap in it. And there would be no room for Michael's animals, which is okay with me but it really is his passion and hobby and I would be really sad if he couldn't do it anymore. We would have to do some serious downsizing of our stuff. That's always hard. I feel like I worked so hard to get even what we have. And we eventually want to have another baby and so the kids would have to share a room. I know its not that big of deal and people do it all the time. Its just hard to go from having so much space to practically none. But my mom brings up a good point when she says "lets just buy it and you can live in it for a few years and get some equity and then use that to move to a bigger place." That's makes sense. Plus they are building the biggest out door shopping mall in Utah County right across the street and the value of these places is suppose to skyrocket. I guess I just need some persuading about moving to a smaller place. And how to convince Michael that he can buy back all his animals when we move to a bigger place some day. I wish we had a big (free) storage unit that we could put all of our stuff that wouldn't fit in this house and save it for when we have a bigger place. You can buy detached garages here but they are expensive. What to do! I really don't think we will get a better deal than this. The price is outrageously cheap for a brand new house and the value is just going to go up. And it just so happens to be the perfect financing that we need. I know I'm an idiot for even talking about it because it still might not happen. But I just wanted some help deciding.

7 comments:
Zach and I recently almost sold our contract to move into a condo just like that. What's not to love when its that nice! But, I really didn't want to give up my backyard, and storage here. Plus I was worried about living with a balcony and kids. Is it on the first floor? Ours would have been on the third floor and just the thought of luging everything plus kids upstairs every day seemed like a pain. But If its that good of a deal, maybe its worth it! Sometimes its good to downsize. I love moving because it forces me to get rid of stuff.
Belle Monet is the complex my parents bought a condo for my grandpa to live in- they are super nice! But it's true, it would be downsizing for you... tough decision! But whatever decision you make will be the right one, and we'll be there to help you move if you need it!
I always say listen to to the spirit, you can't go wrong if you do that. We almost bought a house twice now, we felt really good about it, and the out of no where the Spirit said no,not sure why. But we listened and hopefully some day it will be right for us. Good luck.
Those condos are beautiful... Jay and I looked at those and I LOVED them!!! But that is tough to downsize, you just need to think about what you want! Good luck with your decision!
I really love those condos too! My only concern is that house prices are supposed to fall even further. So if you are in it for the long haul than that won't matter, but if you need to sell it in 2 years than you may have a problem if it is worth less than you paid for it. That is what I always think about. "Is this a place that if I needed to I could live in it for 10 plus years?" But that is just my personal concern. (and it doesn't help that I have a husband that is constantly telling me we need to convert all of our money into gold and buy a trailer!)
i love those condos. i see them off the freeway when i drive to provo. they are beautiful.
Wow. That place is beautiful! Ok, a couple questions for you- is the condo on the ground floor? You said there is a backyard, so I am assuming it is. Because I know you have mentioned before that you moved from a previous place because you had to climb so many stairs. How big is the backyard? I know how nice it is to have that huge backyard you have now to let the kids runh around. I think purchasing a home is a very smart investment, and your mom is right. I just don't want you to go crazy because the place and yard is smaller than what you are used to. The place you are in right now is awesome, but it would be nice to build some equity. Just look at all the pros and cons for both. You will make the right decision!
Post a Comment